Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Spindle problem with cincinnati tool and cutter grinder 2 spindle

<< < (3/11) > >>

PekkaNF:
Repeat-o-meter was suposed to be excuse to try out grinding machine and planned parts and sequence for it. Even bought a small magnetic table, it's still on the mail and got this weekend to sort out the gring machine dust collection and to clean a little of the garage.

Rained all weekend - not fun to take trailer on front and load it up with all the crap from garare and then this spindle problem. If this does not get sorted, I may need to revert file and milling machine.

Made one tool that has pins for labyrinth seal (rotates with arbor) and bearing outer ring retaining nut.

Fits well on both, other side was a little tighter. Tried to open them by hand but the both nuts are tight.

Do you think the nuts have normal right hand thread? Would they have used glue or they are just tight? Did't want to try to open them that hard anymore today.

Pekka

mattinker:
It is so frustrating when you end up repairing things to make things to allow you to get on with what you had hoped to de!

I feel for you, regards, Matthew

PekkaNF:
Not much to show...I checked the sound with stetoscope, wiggled and loosened/tightened the nuts...looks like it needs a rebuild.

More pictures tommorow, need to mark and box parts to prevent mixing.

Pekka

gerritv:

--- Quote from: PekkaNF on September 11, 2017, 02:57:51 PM ---Not much to show...I checked the sound with stetoscope, wiggled and loosened/tightened the nuts...looks like it needs a rebuild.

More pictures tommorow, need to mark and box parts to prevent mixing.

Pekka

--- End quote ---

Did you take a look at the instructions to replace the spindle belt? I think there are some clues there that might help with fault isolation as well as disassembly. The spindle assembly should be able to slide out 1 side. Page 51 of the Operators manual.

In photo P9105869c.jpg above you remove the LH bolt, loosen the middle bolt and tighten up the RH bolt to spread the casting open slightly (on both ends of the casting).

Gerrit

PekkaNF:
Thank you.

I have been reading the manuals about the spindle removal and belt change. It is very well covered and the structure is rather obvious.

I loosen up the bearing retaining nuts, while the spindle is still firmly mounted. All four nuts opened normally. Normal right hand thread, if it had thread locking compound it was very little resistance on it. Definitely needed the tool and some arm, nut not anything like encounter on car wheel bearings.

Put parts loosely back in. I don't want it to come apart while I take it out or mix parts.

Few pictures to amuse you.

I did undo the spindle set screws both ends of the spindle, then loosen up the clamping bolts and turnd maybe just a little more than 2/3 turn of the jack screws to spread the clamp. Now the spindle sifts out well.

Plan is to remove the spindle and disassemble the parts on boxes to prevent parts from mixing.

When I have the bearing type and see all the marking for glues maybe I can find replacement bearings that I am willing to buy.

I am intrigued to see how free bearing end differs from fixed bearing end.

Pekka

BTW. see the "Oil cap" at the last picture. It is not an oil cap!

*typos* not smartest very early/late!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version