Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

Sandblasting gun air nozzle

<< < (3/3)

AdeV:
Cheers guys  :thumbup:

I realise the guns are cheap enough, but it seems a shame to throw away a perfectly functional gun just because a removable nozzle has worn out...

I started to make a steel one, but I realise I've cut the (rather lovely) taper, and left myself no safe way of holding it in the chuck! Doh! So I think I may buy some hex bar, and try again. Hex bar has the advantage I don't need to dig the mill out to make the flats...

I'd wondered about making a steel (or brass) one, then painting it in some kind of rubberised paint; or even wrapping it in a little EPDM glued on with some kind of super-sticky glue. In theory, if one kept an eye on it, as the rubber wore through (assuming it does), then one simply peels off the rubber sheet and sticks on a new one... I reckon it'd cost less than a £penny in rubber & glue...

Still, now I have a good reason to work on the CNC lathe. What do we reckon, about 100/hour production should be achievable, sell them on eBay for £4, after material/leccy/tooling costs that's got to be £3 profit...

vtsteam:
Well if there's the demand.......mailing out 100 can take a lot of time, however. 

Packaging, stamping, addressing and putting in the mailbox even at 15 minutes/order and a minimum purchase of 2, yields 12.5 hours of reaaaaallllllyyyy boring human time to add to that 1 hour machine time.

Not wanting to discourage you, however, because I'd like to see you make the darn thing!

eskoilola:
About the material discussed here.

How about Teflon ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version