Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Surface grinder restoration and scraping

<< < (2/9) > >>

Andrew Wildman:
Mike,
Mine is the same model with the oiler.  the rest of the ways seem in ok condition.  I think the bellows failed on the column and grit go in.

Pete,
I am not sure if the problem is just with you or others also can't see.  anyway, here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYJYqqWhyxM

Phil,
I was looking out for a capco when I spotted this.  they seem to be very similar machines, I think the capco has a slightly bigger capacity

philf:

--- Quote from: Andrew Wildman on June 22, 2017, 07:55:54 AM ---
I was looking out for a capco when I spotted this.  they seem to be very similar machines, I think the capco has a slightly bigger capacity

--- End quote ---

Andrew,

My Capco is a mighty heavy lump. The table is 640mm long. It's all in bits at the moment but the stroke must be about 550mm. If I had a big mill I'd remachine the dovetails on the table - but I haven't (mine only has a 300mm travel) so scraping is my only option.

Cheers.

Phil.

Andrew Wildman:
hi all,
Please find the next in the series below.  BTW I am looking for an old (ideally a bit beaten up - save wasting a good plate) 18" surface plate to cut up to make a straight edge.  Does anybody have anything that they would not mind selling for a fairly low sum?

Pete W.:
Hi there, Andrew,

I've sent you a PM. 

Biggles:
Great work Andrew, enjoying the videos.  :clap:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version