The Shop > Tools

Limited Mill Choice Here In New Zealand

<< < (4/4)

CNCKiwi:

--- Quote from: PK on May 06, 2017, 10:39:39 PM ---Whilst Al is softer and can be cut at higher speeds, my experience with owning hobby scale mills is that small cutter diameters is really what drives you to lust after faster spindles.  If your 'big' cutters are 12mm, then you are going to end up at very low feed rates on most of your cuts.  I do a lot of Al and 2500 on the main spindle is OK, bit not great for the 6-12mm cutters I use..

PK

--- End quote ---

Hi there PK,
Thats interesting.
What Mill do you have?

Regards
Kevin

PK:

--- Quote from: CNCKiwi on May 07, 2017, 02:12:07 AM ---What Mill do you have?

--- End quote ---

Kev, it's a little hard to put a name on it.. We started with an X3, then http://www.caswa.com/cncathome/X3.html there have been quite a few mods since then, the latest being http://madmodder.net/index.php/topic,11336.msg134790.html#msg134790

PK

CNCKiwi:
Hi all,

Another week and still no decision. If anything I'm getting more and more confused as to what model mill to go for.........

Steamer5:
Hi Kevin,
 Sorry for the slow reply. Although I've had the mill for awhile it hasn't got that many hours on it. I did however make a new table for my bandsaw. I made 300 square out of 13 mm plate. The mill squared it up, cut the blade slot & slot cover including the rounded end with no problem what so ever! Plus clean d up & sized the other bits I needed for the table. Pretty sure I could of pushed the feeds a bit faster than I did & it would of been quite happy.

Cheers Kerrin

PK:

--- Quote from: CNCKiwi on May 19, 2017, 03:07:00 AM ---Hi all,

Another week and still no decision. If anything I'm getting more and more confused as to what model mill to go for.........

--- End quote ---
Don't rule out importing a unit. Sea freight isn't as much hassle as you might think..

Whatever you decide, remember this. The mill that you standing in front of making chips is better than the one you haven't made your mind up about yet....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version