The Shop > Electronics & IC Programing

Siemens micromaster 420

<< < (3/5) > >>

John Rudd:
Phil,
Using your variac to modify the voltage is good, you can limit the current by adding a 60 watt light bulb in series with the supply to the inverter.......

Bluechip:
Phil:

Yes, it is for bench use.

And I can't seem to find the cct. diag.  Dozy ole pillock has lost ALL the schematics and PCB layouts for all the stuff I've made ...  :bang:

I think they probably AWOL went when I changed my old PC to Linux 'cos that does not support Express PCB which I use. ( Nor MikroC for that matter. )

Linux is better than W7 or W10 for t'net IMO but a lot of other stuff  won't run on it. Bugger ....

I may have copies on a USB stick somewhere  :scratch:

When I was in the RAF the stock of spare electrolytics were reformed at intervals, at least the big ones, 'cos the date was on the packaging when it was done.

Wot John sez ...  :thumbup:

Dave

appletree:
Is that a fluorescent or LED 60w bulb John LOL yea that would be easy to do cheers.

Don’t worry on my behalf, hope you find your stuff though, my dogs more use than w7 or w10, in total frustration i moved over to apple, much better but not perfect.

Phil 

Bluechip:
If the CFL or LED bulb don't work try a daffodil ...  :thumbup:

I'm right in the S H 1 etc. with PC's.

This one is a new one with W7 & W10 loaded ... I still use W7 though. Just can't get on with W10 .. uSoft must be going for a Nobel Prize for convoluted crap ...  :scratch: The old one ( on W7 ) kept invoking DSKCHK and complaining bitterly about the hard drive but a surface analysis sez it's fine ..  :scratch: .. so I shovelled Linux Mint on it and it works just fine. And no ads.   :clap:
My Toshiba Satellite laptop now has W7 & Linux on it but I'm used to a 24" screen and I can't see the l/top screen now ... poor old scrote ...  :borg:

D.

John Rudd:
Phil,
A cfl or fluorescent is no good.....neither is led......
A good old fashioned incandescent lightbulb is what you need....even one of the halogen type will suffice.....
You are making use of the cold dc resistance of the bulb to limit the current....ok that changes as the filament warms up but its sufficient to stop things going bang.....oh and one more thing....change any fuses to 3 amp ones......less likely to go bang badly....
The number of electric drills that have cime my way with 13 amp fuses un the plug is unbelievable...!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version