Home Base > Introductions

De-lurk, or, the coming out of Bluechip

(1/4) > >>

Bluechip:
Hi folks ...

Nice site, interesting posts, with a good spread of subjects.

About  me ..

Ex. RAF, Plessey, NCR, IBM, Masstor, ADIC,  & other ( more, or less, reputable) outfits. Decision yours  ::)
Been into lathes & things since about 1970. Bought a Myford ML7/T in '71 to make bits for bikes, ( had Ariel NH 350, Velo Viper Clubman, Vincents, Triumph Trophy, Ducati Sebring, Triumph T140V, Honda 400/4 ).
In times ( long ) past did Mullard Valve Amps, 5-10, 5-20, made HAC 1/2 valve S/W Radios, Had a HRO, (not a Qualified Ham tho. ).
In the mid 70's made a couple of Hot-Air engines. First was thrown together from any bits I had hanging about, hideous thing, ran about 1000rpm. Second was beautifully engineered, a credit to it's maker, and could hardly drag itself around.  Also made a compressed air engine, piston-operated valve, subsequently converted to cam-operated uniflow-ish, then stopped until recently.
Got a Myford S7 about 4 years ago, now have a Warco WM16 Mill, and intend to get back into things mechanical, or electro-mechanical  anyway.
Current projects, an add-on for a Digital Multi-meter to use it as a Digital Tachometer, and a Radial Dirod. ( you'll have to look that one up !). Did make a Bonetti Generator as per 'DavesWimshurst', a few years ago, but I knackered it two years ago, by trying to dry it out. Heat warped the discs !! (6mm x 400mm dia.  Polycarbonate, not going back to make another pair).

Pretty much it really, not much for 64 years, had I known I wouldn't have bothered and stayed in bed ...

Thanks to Old Biker UK for reminding me of Elias and his Zig Zag Jive Flutes, Tom Hark IIRC  ..

Another Dave D. from Derbyshire    :wave:  true ... disturbing  possibly, but nontheless it's true ...

Brass_Machine:
Hi Dave!

Welcome to the collective :borg:

Still have a bike? The Ducati Sebring is a nice looking bike. Bike nut myself. Basically anything with 2 wheels... I do tend to lean towards the sport side... Though I do like Cafes! Not a big chopper fan... bobbers yes.

Eric

Darren:
Nice intro, welcome aboard another David.... :bang:

Sounds like your gonna fit right in  :thumbup:

Darren:
Eric,

Whats a bobber?

I'm into bikes and I've not heard that one  :scratch:

Brass_Machine:

--- Quote from: Darren on May 16, 2009, 08:13:09 PM ---Eric,

Whats a bobber?

I'm into bikes and I've not heard that one  :scratch:

--- End quote ---

A bobber is a style of old school chop. Seems to be making a resurgence though...

An example

Sorry for going  :offtopic: on your intro Dave!

Eric

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version