Home Base > Introductions

De-lurk, or, the coming out of Bluechip

<< < (4/4)

Darren:
Dave the Maplin ones are/where fine, no-one could understand why they where so cheap. Not top end, but ok.

I'll have to do a thread on my amps, they are nothing special to look at but sound sublime.

CrewCab:

--- Quote from: Bluechip on May 17, 2009, 04:45:52 PM --- And the Glen Morangie !!. One lot says try to avoid alcohol, makes no mention of succeeding.  :D

--- End quote ---

I'm happy to support your point of view BC :thumbup: ............. in fact I'll raise a glass to it  :beer:

Yup, we did natter about 9x20 belts, in the end Ralph n' I got a few from the States, courtesy of Eric (Brass_Machine)  :bow: ........... however I've now moved on to a Boxford ............. and believe it or not that needs a bloomin' new belt  :bang:  Ces't la vie  ................ etc ...........  :scratch:

Nice to see you on here, likewise my Biking days are now behind me ..... 4x4 beckons though

atb

CC

Bluechip:
Darren,
Maplin list the trannies, but out of stock. Might just have a dabble if they get some more.
Was very suspicious of them, like you say your post, I saw them well over £100 a pop, still at £25, why not?

CC

Belt Rot must be catching. My S7 had one on it's last legs when I got it. That's why I used Bluechip when I registered on HMEM. Just replaced it that day and was treated to smokin' hot blue/brown swarf  for the first time on the machine. Before I didn't dare tension the belt in case it broke. Absolutely knackered.

Thats it for today. Glen M. taking effect. bye

Darren:
Dave, there is nothing special about output transformers, it's all about quantity of sales V pricing.

They are just as easy to wind as any other transformer. You can do it on the lathe, my mate used to but I only ever tried winding chokes cos that's easier.... :med:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version