The Craftmans Shop > New from Old

Po' man's mag drill

<< < (2/3) > >>

DICKEYBIRD:

--- Quote from: awemawson on March 10, 2017, 07:00:36 AM ---That's a good mod I reckon, but can I send you a bit of new cable for the drill before you kill yourself  :bugeye:
--- End quote ---
Yep, I really am working hard dealing with my chronic case of P.S. (Procrastination Syndrome)  It will be dealt with just as soon as I get around to it. :zap:

John Rudd:

--- Quote from: awemawson on March 10, 2017, 07:00:36 AM ---That's a good mod I reckon, but can I send you a bit of new cable for the drill before you kill yourself   :bugeye:

--- End quote ---

Oh my.....I missed that in the first pic......

DICKEYBIRD:
Just as a further note on the ratty looking cord, the important part is still in good shape.  The cord itself was replaced probably 35 yrs ago & still going strong.

The original molded strain relief which I re-used turned to dust 15 years ago & at that time I made a temporary repair by slitting a piece of fuel hose, sliding it over the cord & up into the handle then wrapping with electrical tape in a highly complicated, precisely calculated  tapered fashion to reduce stress on the cord. :thumbup: 

The replacement of the cord will be immediately brought to the attention of the maintenance committee. :beer:

krv3000:
 :clap: :clap: brill

hanermo:
How strong is the drill ?

I seems like == 1" holes, in steel, with == 1.5 Hp drill.
Is this possible ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version