The Craftmans Shop > New from Old

Po' man's mag drill

<< < (3/3)

DICKEYBIRD:

--- Quote from: hanermo on March 11, 2017, 11:53:14 AM ---How strong is the drill ?

I seems like == 1" holes, in steel, with == 1.5 Hp drill.
Is this possible ?

--- End quote ---
Of course it is.  That's a 1972 Black & Decker genuine American made drill you're lookin' at son!  a 1" drill is nothing to 1972 genuine American horsepower!  Chuck Norris was in his prime 32 year-old bad-a$$ness in 1972.  Why in 1972 I could.... :jaw:

Seriously that 1" drill was put in the pic as a joke.  I stated that fact in the post pretty clearly (I thought.)  I'll be using it with 3/8"/10mm drills at the most.

ieezitin:
Chuck Norris hair would cut all the holes you need.... since chuck aint around you may wanna consider a Roto=broach or annular cutter to drill your holes.. expensive purchase initially reduce cost over time.

Anthony.

PekkaNF:
I am totaly converted to rotabroach. Fairy near the size in diameter, can drill with less power and downward force is very low compared to normal spiral drills. Force needed to push the spiral drill is considerable, if I remember right, somewhere 200 kg range for 10 or 12 mm drill with nominal feed.

I have tried holesaws too, but they don't cut thick sections particulary well, without anciliary holes and some waffing about. Doable, but slow and pretty much allways you need something to finish that hole, unless you are welding it.

Pekka

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version