Gallery, Projects and General > The Design Shop

I needed a 2" collet!!

<< < (2/2)

John Stevenson:
Forgive me for asking but why not tap the blank first and then turn the OD on a screwed mandrel so the OD was the last bit to machine so no marks ?

JS.

usn ret:
John,  you are forgiven! :beer: I don't particularly like arbors and you get to cut another set of threads on the arbor,  other than that, I was in a different :coffee: forest, I am also right minded, left handed. I will file that idea for reference.

Cliff :coffee:

Bernd:

--- Quote from: usn ret on May 16, 2009, 01:39:32 AM ---As an aside, when I use my lathe and mill, I make chips and generally make a mess.  I see other pics without chips, how does this happen? :scratch:

Cliff :beer:

--- End quote ---

Swarf Fairy?  :lol:

Bernd

John Stevenson:

--- Quote from: usn ret on May 16, 2009, 11:26:08 AM ---John,  you are forgiven! :beer: I don't particularly like arbors and you get to cut another set of threads on the arbor,  other than that, I was in a different :coffee: forest, I am also right minded, left handed. I will file that idea for reference.

Cliff :coffee:

--- End quote ---

Or do as I do and cheat by using the tap with a spacer between the job and the chuck as the mandrel.
Ower Gert says i was born idle but let me tell you that you have to work hard to achieve that state. :lol:

JS.

SPiN Racing:
Ohh nice fitting adaptor thingey..

I am certain the Ford drivers will love that!  They have come a LONG way since the late 70s.

I sure wish I could go back about 7 or 8 years and re-do some of the car things I did back then with the things I know now!

:doh:

Can you say -20 radiator lines?  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version