The Shop > CNC

About to give up

<< < (4/5) > >>

JHovel:
Hi Will,
how did you go over the past year? Did you get anywhere or give up?
I'm starting where you were last year.....

Will_D:
Well after uploading a new version (thanks to Benedikt, it gave me a new set of default parameters that I have set to my system) things are a lot better.
I am sure the eratic behavious was down to the param file.

I can use the Pendant and the manual goto's and all is good.

I have managed to cut a circle using manually created g-code. Linear motions under manual control are fine.

Problem I have now is that if I use say Fusion 360 to generate g-code it generates a lot of complex code that the controller maybe doesn't understand.

Manual editing is not an option.

I think this controller was intended for routers and carvers ie simple orthogonal movements and maybe G02 and G03 for curves ( if you get the steps per mm the same for X and Y !!)

Having spent the best part of £2000 quid on this project sure whats another $400 for Mach4 and a decent USB controller??

I am trying to control a milling machine after all

So not given up! Still the mad modder

Cheers

Will

chipenter:
Try F-engrave http://www.scorchworks.com/Fengrave/fengrave.html it has v carve and can generate G code from a DXF or outher image , it was developed for Arduino that does not do all the fancy stuff .

efrench:

--- Quote from: Will_D on January 26, 2018, 02:16:18 PM ---
Having spent the best part of £2000 quid on this project sure whats another $400 for Mach4 and a decent USB controller??

--- End quote ---

LinuxCNC is free  :poke:

philf:

--- Quote from: efrench on January 27, 2018, 02:49:44 AM ---
--- Quote from: Will_D on January 26, 2018, 02:16:18 PM ---

--- End quote ---

LinuxCNC is free  :poke:

--- End quote ---
Free but Linux is too 'nerdy' for many - including me. :scratch:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version