The Shop > Metal Stuff

How to sharpen carbide scraper?

<< < (4/4)

chipenter:
I have a 18 degree resin diamond wheel that just seems to last forever , and gives a realy good finish , http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/projects/d_wheels/dwdoc.html .

PekkaNF:
OK. Some "lapping plates" started dripping from china and just got the diamond cup wheel from ARC.

ARC cup wheel looks rough outside, but most likely fit is good and does not cause too much problems.

I have 90W 2800 rpm extra motor I'm planning to gear down with flat belt or round rubberthane or whatever those heat splice round belts are. Since this is fabrication, I have been thinking to use one of following methods to clamp the thin lapping disc to backplate:

1: Clamping ring/boss + nut (maybe a knurled one) to clamp the centre

2: Couple of supermagnets on the back + retaining pin on the middle. Ejection? "captive" nut or something like #1 to clamp/eject?

3: Small vacuum. I have a small quiet pump, not much is needed, but needs a rotary union or other induction. A bit over engineerin.

I would love to settle on #1, will it work. If it does - KISS, but I don't want to simplify it too far.

Pekka

PekkaNF:
Bit progress.

Any suggestion on round belt small pulley dimension. I think I read somewhere that drive wheel is V type, just like standard V-belt sheave?

Pekka

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version