The Shop > Metal Stuff

How to sharpen carbide scraper?

<< < (3/4) > >>

awemawson:
That's perhaps 3000 rpm Pete not 300 to avoid confusion of any future readers  :scratch:

gerritv:

--- Quote from: PekkaNF on January 15, 2017, 06:40:36 AM ---Zero left on that seller.

Which ones are fine? I have heard that very often they are not that straight and then some folks resor of pressing the tool against it very hard to keep it straight.

Pekka

--- End quote ---
Just search eBay for  6'' Inch Diamond Coated Flat Lap Wheel Grinding Disc , there are lots of them available as singles.

Gerrit

PekkaNF:
Thank you. Just ordered some discs from different sellers. Some look the same...some different maybe some of them will be fine.

Planning to make a backing and a wide clamping nut.

Pekka

Pete.:

--- Quote from: awemawson on January 15, 2017, 07:30:27 AM ---That's perhaps 3000 rpm Pete not 300 to avoid confusion of any future readers  :scratch:

--- End quote ---

Yeah 3000 rpm - sytandard bench grinder speed. I have a 4-pole motor lined up which is half the RPM but it's a way down my list of things to do just yet.

PekkaNF:
So I ordered some of those discs and this week-end I should buy ONE diamond cup wheel for shaping these carbide scraper blades. I have seme good carbide scraping inserts and one chipped sandwik 30 mm square, which is othervice almost unused. Why it is chipped is way beyond me.

Question 1: which diamond cup wheel for shaping carbide inserts? Resin bonded? 100 grit? Cup wheel? As wide rim as i can find?

Question 2: I would like to order some loose diamond powder. To make lap if those I bought does not work. AND/OR to try lapping some granite surface plate. Will any particular type work on both of these? Or are all of those cheap synthetic unspesified diamond powders alike and as soon as I choose grit 1500 I can lap (a little).

Pekka

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version