Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

New Tractor Shed

<< < (74/74)

awemawson:
Thanks for the heads up Pekka, but yes the unit is fused at 3 amps

John Swift:

having had a bad experience with glass mains fuses
either  exploding or continuing to conduct due to the copper film on the inside of the glass tube

I would use a  3A   1" HRC fuse  ( as used in UK 13A plugs)

John

awemawson:
John,

It's fed via a 5 amp MCB that is solely for this circuit with the one lamp on it, and the entire 3 phase distribution box in which the MCB lives is protected by a 30 mA RCD, so I don't think that there's too much to worry about.

But as I said to Pekka, thanks for the 'heads up'

V8DRUID:
well Andrew ... just read this start to finish ..... what a great thread and well documented project ....  :D  :nrocks:

45' x 40' is just what I'm aiming for, but would like 16' at the eaves .... where did you get that made? can you recall a rough idea of the cost  ... presumably this included all the roof and side cladding as a package?
stunning shed .... and a huge amount of work to get it that way  :clap: :clap:  :thumbup: :bow:

awemawson:
Thanks Graeme, yes it was quite a journey!

I had it as a ‘turn key’ package from Darren, so he did the ordering and presumably added his mark up. The entire thing came on two lorries from Cheshire.

In the end the total cost was about £45000 if I remember correctly, but the polished concrete floor was £10K of that..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version