The Shop > Tools

My mill' verticle DRO....

<< < (3/3)

Divided he ad:
Hi John  :wave:  Long time no posts  :thumbup:  Glad you like my efforts  :)

My X and Y DRO's were fitted to the mill when I got it second hand... Still haven't done a power supply for them!!  :doh:

They are fitted in what appears to be a conventional method, flat to the rear and left hand sides. The only thing with that is that you lose some y axis travel as the read head hits the column when you send the bed to the back! (it has a cracked screen on the actual head, doesn't affect the display though) They just have a strip of flexible rubber matting glued to the mill body above the scales.... Does the job!

It will be interesting seeing what the instructions help you do?  The other one would probably sting you heavily when HM customs got hold of it!!

CC,
The flat was not needed, the hole you see the long series drill going into was centre drilled.... The long very flexible 2.5mm drill deflected like a good un! it had a perfect centre point to start from and loads of duck oil!
But yes, it all fitted acording to plan.....and the result was indeed good  :headbang:  Slightly different from the collar seen on the Arc stand, didn't fancy all that extra shaping for nothing!

David,
Thank you. A much better story indeed.... Me thinks you might have similar stories to tell?  :thumbup:

Stew.... Good idea, couldn't hurt  :dremel:  :proj:   sorry....  :lol:

Ralph.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version