Author Topic: Thieves  (Read 3258 times)

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
Thieves
« on: May 11, 2009, 11:47:17 AM »
A colleague at Helens work has a freezer out in their garage. Thieves broke in and took £300 worth of food last night...

Yes food, nothing else was taken..... :scratch:
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: Thieves
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 12:01:48 PM »
Strange... Fillet Mignon maybe?

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

bogstandard

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 12:44:14 PM »
Maybe it was the sheep looking for long lost relatives.

Bogs

Offline cedge

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 03:16:43 PM »
Years ago, when I was still in the military, my parents had a serial beef thief. This guy never took more than a few items at a time, but he made it a frequent thing when they would leave home for even a short time. He definitely liked the better cuts of beef which pissed the old man off more than if the guy had stolen it all.  I came home on leave and stayed at home one of the evenings that they went out. Within 10 minutes, sure enough, the mystery shopper could be heard rummaging around down stairs.

I grabbed an old 20 gauge double barreled shotgun loaded with bird shot and as I opened the door, cocked it so that it could be easily heard. I then bounced over the rear entry in time to watch the guy run out of the basement. One shot in the air had him diving behind a pile of dirt in the back yard. The second peppered the top of the pile well enough to blast dirt onto the cowering thief. Being out of ammo, I made a big to do of reloading the gun. That was the moment I witnessed a truly olympic level performance as the guy made a break for the woods nearby.

Never had another bit of meat to walk off after that night.

Steve

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 04:47:20 PM »
And if you did that here the thief would report you and you'd be in prison...

Yep, it's a sad place when you can't protect what's yours....

Nice story though,  :clap:
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline sbwhart

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, Be Happy, Have Fun and Rock Until you Drop
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 01:05:05 AM »
Many years ago when I was young we had a meat thief active in our area, it was my mother who caught him it was Buddy a neagbours Alsasian dog, he was one smart animal, he'd learnt how to open doors and would sneak in at night when every one was watching TV and help himself to the contents of the fridge,
  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

After that Buddy was kept locked in at night.

Stew
A little bit of clearance never got in the road
 :wave: