Author Topic: Im Backkkk (somewhat)  (Read 3836 times)

Offline SPiN Racing

• Madmodder Committee
Im Backkkk (somewhat)
« on: May 05, 2009, 12:34:40 AM »
Hi Gang..   Im back  :wave:

I wasnt really gone.. but I did go up to NC with the race car. Longer trip with the family than I thought.

And I would show everyone pictures.... But I dropped my CAMERA the morning we were leaving.. and BANG.. parts everywhere. Thankfully it was "only" a 150 dollar camera.  :(

Then of course we have review time at work, so I had to go down that road.

And lastly..  :( My dad is in the hospital. He has been in and out for the last month now. He has bone cancer, and is in his late 80s. Retired Colonel, hard core, etc etc etc. And he is having a bit of trouble, mostly because he is mentally all there. But he is 90 or so percent blind,(Macular Degeneration) and like 80 percent deaf.. (Fighter planes) as well as suffering the effects of 35 years as a fighter pilot. And of cource being late 80s.. things are catching up with him very very rapidly.
Unfortunately he has made the mental spiritual step to decide he will be gone before Christmas. So thats kinda hard.
Sooo That also has been taking most of my free time on weekends.

But I am putting the final touches on a Fuel injector tester I made. Cause ya know..... paying 50 bucks to have someone test them for me doesnt seem right.  :D
So why not spend a month or three... 2 or 3 hours here and there making one?

Oh and you all will love this.. I used a handicapped potty cover seat thing that my wife never used after her knee replacement surgeries. Slapped a 5 gallon bucket into it. Mazda Fuel pump assy in the lid hanging down. 1" angle aluminum frame with a plexi/lexan/klux/type box to watch the spray pattern. And then of course a drain in the bottom that can lead back into the box, or into a measuring device to CC the injectors.

Anyhow.. TON of stuff to read up on.. so I will be trying to get caught up on things over the next few days :P

:mmr:

Scott
SPiN Racing

Offline sbwhart

• Global Moderator
  • Smile, Be Happy, Have Fun and Rock Until you Drop
Re: Im Backkkk (somewhat)
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 03:53:31 AM »
Welcome back Scott  :wave: I noticed you wern't posting.

Sorry to here about your Dad's illness, at these dificult times you've just got to put your family first.

All the best

Stew
A little bit of clearance never got in the road
 :wave:

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 04:00:08 AM »
Hi Scott, welcome back... :thumbup:
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 09:28:36 AM »
Hi Spin,

Glad to see you back. Noticed you hadn't been posting in a while. Figured we lost you.

Now I can see why you've been gone. Sorry to hear about your dad. I have aging parents to, early 80's. So know what your going through there with family.

But looks like your in good spirits deispite what's happening in your life.

Ya, loots of good stuff to catch up on. Makes good reading on a rainy day or night.  :)

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 10:02:55 AM »
Hi Scott,

Was wondering where you had been. Sorry to hear about your father, I know that has to be hard.

Glad to hear you are back though.

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 03:52:45 AM »
Nice to see you`re back Scott.

So sorry to hear of your father`s troubles.......

Best wishes,
David D
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

Offline ozzie46

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 02:47:37 PM »

Sorry to hear about your Dad. A hearty snap to salute to him for his service to the country and a big "Thank You Sir"

Welcome Back.

Ron

Offline SPiN Racing

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 09:44:20 PM »
Thanks all :)

Yep Im of the opinion that there honestly isnt much I can do to fix things.. so I will focus on what I can do, and be strong for the rest of the family.

I guess my dad rubbing off on me..  Make the best of what you got.

SO YEAH

I was reading a TON of stuff last night.. but didnt delve into the projects yet.. was saving that for tonight. Got my headphones.. things are quieted down.. got some good music playing.. and I think Im gonna be ready to read up on everyone's fun :)

I am gonna have to get myself a New or used Digital camera so I can snap a couple pics of things I did while away  :)

Gets comfy and heads into things...
SPiN Racing