Author Topic: Tesa Micromaster 25-50 mm Instructions ?  (Read 8095 times)

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Tesa Micromaster 25-50 mm Instructions ?
« on: December 04, 2015, 04:42:11 PM »
I've just acquired a lovely Tesa Micromaster 25-50 mm digital micrometer with no instructions.

Now there's not much to know, but a friend and I spent 15 minutes trying to work out how to set 25 mm as the base point, with a 25 mm 'standard' (which is missing so I need to find one) and it defeated us  :bang:

This evening I did exactly (apparently) what we'd done before and it set to 25.000 like a kitten  :bugeye:  So I'm obviously missing something in it's set up routine - it can only be a button combination, and there are only three buttons !

Much web trawling has failed to find a downloadable set of instructions, so has anyone got or used one of these or know where I can get a copy of the user manual? Loads of catalogues on line, but scant useful info  :scratch:
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline sparky961

Re: Tesa Micromaster 25-50 mm Instructions ?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 05:12:24 PM »
I have a Fowler set that's similar. The first button on the left turns it on, off, and holding it for 3 or 5 seconds resets it to the lowest measurement (0, 1, anand 2 inches for my set). If one of your buttons is labeled "set" that's likely it.

lordedmond

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 03:10:31 AM »
Sparky

Is right. I had a set of those but alas they died when drowned in the coolant tank when the batt cover dropped off

The buttons are time sensitive a dab does one thing like set inc. hold and it's absolute

Stuart

Offline Pete W.

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 09:16:04 AM »
Hi there, Andrew,

I have a Tesa digital mike (sub-titled Brown & Sharpe), mine is actually a 0-30 mm (or the equivalent in inches).

Give me half an hour or so and I'll scan the instruction sheet to .pdf and either upload it here or send to you as a PM attachment. 
Best regards,

Pete W.

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you haven't seen the latest design change-note!

Offline Pete W.

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 09:37:37 AM »
Hi there, again, Andrew,

I've scanned the instruction sheet - it's come out as four separate .pdf files.  I've tried to attach them to this reply.

Let me know if you need a rescan of any part. 

Best regards,

Pete W.

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you haven't seen the latest design change-note!

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 10:35:02 AM »
 :thumbup: Excellent Pete, many thanks that's just what I wanted  :thumbup:

I'm amazed that that doesn't turn up on a web search somewhere  :scratch:
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline Pete W.

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 11:17:13 AM »
Hi there, Andrew,

I didn't expect you to respond this early - I figured you'd be out there squeezing the use out of every last second of daylight!!   :D   :D   :D   :D 

I'm pleased that the scans helped, I hoped that Tesa would run the same user interface across several models.

You seem to have coped with the random orientation of the scans. 

The 0-30 mm range of my mike has been very useful, I seem to have had several jobs just over 1" and it's useful being able to zero without needing a test piece. 
Best regards,

Pete W.

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2015, 12:12:15 PM »
It got dark quite early today Pete. By the time I'd fed the pigs at quarter past three, the chicken had started putting themselves to bed !
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex