Author Topic: AMO watchmaker's lathe?  (Read 3727 times)

Offline PekkaNF

AMO watchmaker's lathe?
« on: September 05, 2015, 05:23:25 PM »
I got one of this kind of small lathe. I didn't get anything else, but carcass of the lathe with a draw tube. Looks like a 8mm? collet.

I wonder if this is ever going to be of any use.

Pekka

Offline Manxmodder

Re: AMO watchmaker's lathe?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 05:40:59 PM »
Pekka, I can't see it anywhere on the lathes.co.uk archive. Perhaps it would be worth adding it to their lists,it could be quite rare.....OZ.   http://www.lathes.co.uk/page21.html
Helixes aren't always downward spirals,sometimes they're screwed up

Offline philf

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 03:32:52 AM »
Pekka, I can't see it anywhere on the lathes.co.uk archive. Perhaps it would be worth adding it to their lists,it could be quite rare.....OZ.   http://www.lathes.co.uk/page21.html

Nor is it mentioned in Donald de Carle's book on watchmaking lathes.

Phil.
Phil Fern

Offline PekkaNF

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 04:10:25 AM »
Thanks

I checked Tony's site and I could not find not find it either.

Also thank you for the other site. I just bought it to make small parts in my den. But if it is something rare I and someone might need parts of it I might not convert it beyond repair.

Seller told me that the the original owner was a camera repair shop and the shop was full of stuff no-one understood....the lathe (probably a lot of parts missing...) was sold to a guy who kept it collecting dust. When he passed away, relatives were selling the accumulated stuff and that's how it ended to me.

I thought that I just bought a piece of bed and parts that would make a nice instrument lathe building practice.

The bed is really heavy and has huge slot for T-nut. It has a drawtube for collets, but I have no idea what collet it would be.

Pekka