Author Topic: Clarkson Aximatic  (Read 4350 times)

Offline appletree

Clarkson Aximatic
« on: August 24, 2015, 03:02:23 PM »
Hi does anyone have, have used, or have any experience or information on the above. I bought it yesterday for a song (the £12 song) of a tool dealer, it is morse taper 2 to morse taper2 and appears to be a fully floating (within limits) adaptor probably for reaming. Can only find a couple of auction pictures on the web, mine appears unused.

Offline John Stevenson

• In Memoriam
  • Nottingham, England.
Re: Clarkson Aximatic
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 06:53:51 PM »
Are you sure it's number two morse ?

Reason I ask is the picture fills up 5 monitors on my desk and MT2 is only 3 and a bit inches long .   :lol:
John Stevenson

Offline appletree

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 03:08:32 AM »
Yea had a bit of difficulty posting pictures, LOL but yes it is number 2 morse taper.

Offline Pete W.

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 05:07:53 AM »
Hi there, Appletree,

The following is intended to be helpful and constructive:

I suggest that you go into 'Gallery' on this site and read the threads on posting pictures and videos.

I particularly recommend that you download and use 'FastStone' resizer, it's free and very easy to use.

When folks post pictures that are too large, it's very laborious for the reader having to scroll endlessly this way and that to see the regions of the picture that are way off the edges of their screen!  If reducing your pictures to, say, 480 by 600 loses too much detail, maybe you should have added a close-up. 
Best regards,

Pete W.

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you haven't seen the latest design change-note!

Offline appletree

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 07:13:10 AM »
For some reason I had difficulty going through the attachment process, but got there in the end even though it said the post was too large, I was going to start again but when I went into the post it was fine displaying ok and it still is. So sorry if the image is huge, normally I use Photobucket but there were issues, will try to do better next time.

Offline trapper

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 08:40:04 AM »
Should imagine its a floating tap holder with compensation to stop tap breaking-collets are the hardest thing to source although like all things can be made inhouse if need be

Offline appletree

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 08:44:38 AM »
It has a parallel bore and it is possible to change the collet, although I only have the MT2 one, there is no slipping clutch or similar.

The above should be a more suitable picture via Photobucket

Offline trapper

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 05:56:10 PM »
Does it have anything in the bore like a spring loaded ball bearing,can see this being a quick change toolholder like type used on radial drills have a straight shank drill in collet drill hole,leaving spindle running pull the drill out replace with a chamfer tool,chamfer hole pull it out stick tap in and tap the hole-or reamer-or c/bore etc,etc idea is change the tools quick without stopping spindle or moving the posistion of spindle

Offline appletree

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 05:55:48 PM »
In answer to the question no there is no quick release mechanism as described, I have a set of those, but this is something different. When I get a minute I will post some different images.  I rather hoped someone would say yea I have one of those it does this! Seemingly not the case.

Offline AdeV

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 07:02:15 PM »
I don't have one (nor have I ever used one), but from your description it sounds like it would be used to self-centre drill bits in existing holes - or reamers s you suggest. I do have a tapmatic tapping head, that allows the tap to float within reason, thus allowing it to find its own centre, I'm guessing this is the same idea.
Cheers!
Ade.
--
Occasionally: Zhengzhou, China. An even longer way from anywhere...