Author Topic: Bill Gates behind interesting engine idea?  (Read 2935 times)

Offline Twinsquirrel

• never rub another mans rhubarb
Bill Gates behind interesting engine idea?
« on: April 09, 2009, 06:29:42 PM »
I'm sure i've seen this idea before in the dim and distant past but a company associated with Bill gates has just filed a patent for a new engine

partially explained here http://www.techflash.com/microsoft/Bill_Gates_and_friends_apply_for_patents_on_electromagnetic_engine_42745822.html

If it became popular we would probably end up having to "switch it off and on again" all the time!

David H
So many ideas, so little skill

bogstandard

Re: Bill Gates behind interesting engine idea?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 07:32:34 PM »
David,

I wouldn't worry about it.

In the US they seem to patent everything, just so that sometime in the future they just might get a cut of the action.

My American boss used to check all my work, and go thru all my notes, just in case there was anything he could patent in there. As usually, there is a clause in your contract giving him all rights to your ideas and inventions while you are working for him in his factory.

Gates has most probably never done anything himself with regards to inventing, he just picks the best out of what his workforce comes up with, and he is then allowed to patent it.

In the UK it is very expensive to get a full patent, that is why such a lot of our ideas are stolen and produced elsewhere in the world. Also, unless you have a lot of cash behind you, they will just go ahead and produce, knowing full well that by the time you can stop them, they have flooded the market and made a killing, then disappeared into the night.

Someone has most probably filed a patent for bottling farts for use as a power source.

Bogs

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 08:17:10 PM »
Someone has most probably filed a patent for bottling farts for use as a power source.

Bogs

Yeah, the oil industry.  :lol:

A guy once said that when you bring out product version 1 that version 2 should be in the wings. When they copy version 1 you bring out version 2 but at a lower price. Don't know if that works or not, but does make a bit of sense.

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline John Hill

• The Artful Bodger
  • Madmodder Committee
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 09:07:33 PM »
The Gates chappies must be a late developer!  I think every school kid 'invents' one of those at some time in his life.

From the den of The Artful Bodger