Author Topic: The MadModder  (Read 8795 times)

Offline MadModder

• The Mad Modders
The MadModder
« on: October 27, 2008, 03:39:55 AM »
Hi!

I'm the MadModder, since march 2002.  ;D
I created my site "The Mad Modders" in January 2003. (although I first registered madmodders.se in July 2005)

I have seen a few madmodder sites come and go (ie. madmodders.com). They havn't survived for very long. They've mostly been forums, like yours.

A few minutes ago I googled my nick because I had nothing better to do, and found this site.
I don't have anything against it. I hope you'll live and prosper. ;)
We need more happy modders in the world.    8)

Keep on modding,
///MadModder

Don't turn it on, take it apart!

Offline Divided he ad

• WARNING: LIKES SHINEY THINGS
  • The Collective
  • Between Chester, Wrexham, ruthin & Holywell :-)
Re: The MadModder
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 04:22:53 AM »
Well the closest thing that I found was someone with a foot in the grave and some computer stuff??

Well it's the only thing close?

how mad were those mods?? Anyway....

This site is different..... Cause I'm on it!!!  :P  :thumbup:

We shall keep making and modding stuff all over the globe!

Ralph.   :thumbup:

Oh Chief (BM)... Can you borrow that dremmel smiley??  ;)
I know what I know and need to know more!!!

Online Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 10:42:48 AM »
Hi there.

Welcome to site. I actually have owned this domain since 2004 and ran it under a different type of forum (Mainly motorcycle modding)... decided I didn't like where it was going and closed shop. It was a private forum at that time.

Interesting site... couldn't understand any of it (Swedish?). I remember the other site, madmodders.com... I think they mostly did PC mods right? Fortunately, we are a little different  :beer:

I hope you will stay and be a contributing member, it is always nice to have some insane mad scientists!

MadModders of the world - Unite! :dremel:

Eric
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 10:45:59 AM by Brass_Machine »
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline MadModder

• The Mad Modders
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 11:53:02 AM »
Sorry I missed the introduction category. You have so many to chose between...  ;D

Yes, my site is in swedish. But google can translate it for you.
However, the translation becomes somewhat wrong. Sometimes quite funny.  :D
What about "slush and construction" hehe. Should be mods and contraptions. It translates my nick to Mad Slush. :P
Translated modding
It's a pitty the menu gets dislinked, but there is another link to the stuff at the bottom.

Online Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 11:58:34 AM »
Sorry I missed the introduction category. You have so many to chose between...  ;D

No big deal.  ;D. I brought this site back when I saw the interest of other things from our sister site HMEM. HMEM is dedicated to model engines, but members had other interests, so I decided to give them somewhere to go for that.

Add some of your stuff to our gallery. We would love to read it! Also, put a link to your site in your signature.

Eric
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 12:02:00 PM by Brass_Machine »
Science is fun.

Offline MadModder

• The Mad Modders
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 01:04:49 PM »
Well... I only have small electronic stuff. This is more of a mechanical site as I understand.
And I don't own a workshop, except for the garage where my car is. If I want do something that needs more space, I have to park the car on the street somewhere first. And I must be able to put the car inside before I go to bed, beacuse I don't want it left outside during the night.
On top of that, I live in a small apartment. One room, and one kithen. Plus a bathroom ofcourse and other small spaces.
The room and kitchen quite often seconds as workshops. ;D

Online Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 01:08:40 PM »
Well... I only have small electronic stuff. This is more of a mechanical site as I understand.

Everything is welcome here. I dabble a bit in electronics myself (as do a few others here). But yeah, right now the content is mostly mechanical... I hope to even that out some soon.

Eric
Science is fun.

Offline MadModder

• The Mad Modders
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 01:13:31 PM »
Great. I'm more of a computer guy. Just look at this 19" server cabinet next to the fridge.  :clap:

I'll put some of my stuff in the gallery with short descriptions later on.

Online Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 01:24:22 PM »
Nice server rack. ;D Professional computer guy myself... Have way to many servers, PCs and laptops (with multitudes of spares) at home. I plan on doing a custom case one of these days (Probably after the CNC mill is finished) to house my workstation in.  :thumbup:

I primarily work with VMware as an engineer at work. But for home, I do a lot of 3D cad stuff, music mixing and other things...

Either way, it is welcome here.

Eric
Science is fun.

Offline MadModder

• The Mad Modders
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 01:30:08 PM »
Speaking of CNC... I 'm about to finnish a CNC mill/router made out of MDF board. But I have no place to operate it when it is finnished. :P
And I have so many projects running I mostly have no clue where to begin, and most important: how to end, so I end up in this chair instead. Forum addict...