Author Topic: Anyone any idea what these are ?  (Read 4189 times)

Offline Dell

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 89
  • Country: gb
Anyone any idea what these are ?
« on: February 19, 2024, 01:12:06 PM »
I picked up another Pultra P type at the weekend to restore nice fairly complete and original along with it came a very complete box of collets & accessories but in the box are two items that were tied together that I have no idea what they are, I have been through the manual and can find nothing so probably not Pultra, one is slightly smaller than the other and the allen bolts push a slide, does anyone have any suggestions as to what they are ?
Old man but still learning

Offline BillTodd

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1112
  • Country: 00
  • Colchester Essex (where the lathes were made)
Re: Anyone any idea what these are ?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2024, 03:00:46 PM »
They look like a box tool.

A tool for turn a fixed diameter on a long rod , by supporting the uncut material in a hole while a fixed (pre adjusted) tool in the slotted part takes the cut

Offline shipto

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 809
  • Country: gb
  • Redditch, UK
Re: Anyone any idea what these are ?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2024, 04:28:25 PM »
Stab in the dark but possibly for turning square bar between centers? Big end in chuck small end on live center.
Turns out this life c**p is just one big distraction from death but a good one. For the love of god dont give yourself time to think.