Author Topic: Belt Replacement for a Bread Machine  (Read 2726 times)

Offline Meldonmech

Belt Replacement for a Bread Machine
« on: July 30, 2014, 11:18:54 AM »
Hi Guys
             The Bread Maker in question is a  Morphy Richards Model 48290.  The last time it worked before repair, the machine was working fine, then mysteriously began to cough.  The coughing, was intermittent but became worse and worse until the machine came to a grinding halt, and all that was left was a whine and a whirr from the motor.
              The dough was removed to the oven, and resulted in the loaf becoming transformed into four bread rolls.  I could not face investigating the reason for the machine failure after all the hassle, so waited until the morrow when I had calmed down.

Offline Meldonmech

Re: Belt Replacement for a Bread Machine
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 11:38:52 AM »
   The first job entailed removal of the base, so over it went to enable five screws to be removed.  Two of the screws were those awful tamper proof ones which require a special screwdriver.  Luckily I had recently made one so that job went quite smoothly.
             Next the oven lining had to be withdrawn, this entailed the removal of nine posi - drive screws using a long screwdriver.  I withdrew the liner about half way then came to a halt.  A screw holding the element support bracket protruded through the oven lining, and this had to be removed.  The oven seal was then carefully eased out, and the oven liner and seal finally extracted.

Offline Meldonmech

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 11:45:59 AM »
The program panel was the snapped out from the bottom.  The panel was wired to the board and motor assembly via a ribbon flex and connector.  This had been secured to the board socket using a blob of clear adhesive at each end, and had to be carefully removed with a scalpel,

Offline Meldonmech

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 12:04:28 PM »
This enabled the machine's outer casing to be removed, to reveal the motor base assembly.  The screws retaining the assembly to the base were removed and the assembly lifted off the base.  This gave access to the base, and when the assembly was turned over the problem was obviously apparent. The toothed belt had been stripped of a potion of its' teeth along a continuous section.  A new belt was fitted and the appliance re assembled. 

I am pleased to say it it working well

Cheers David