Author Topic: Workshop vac at lidl 28/7  (Read 3537 times)

Offline dawesy

Workshop vac at lidl 28/7
« on: July 28, 2014, 10:20:32 AM »
Just had a txt from my wife to say she's got me one of these
http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=14782&ar=7
A 30ltr 1500w wet and dry shop vac with a 3 year warranty for £60 can't be bad.
I'll let you know what it's like later as I'm at work at the mo.
Lee.
wishing my workshop was larger :(

Offline Meldonmech

Re: Workshop vac at lidl 28/7
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 12:32:06 PM »
Hi Lee

I bought one in the spring, slightly smaller yellow model, not used the wet facility yet. My wife loves it, powerful light weight plus blowing facility. She thinks it is the best she has had, and for $39 great value.

Wonder if it would super charge my furnace, might be melting iron next.

Cheers  David

Offline Bigbadbugga

• Whiston (nr Liverpool)
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 02:22:52 PM »
powerful light weight plus blowing facility

Are we still talking about the vacuum cleaner?  :lol:
Tools: Boxford CSB lathe, Chester 20v mill, Portamig 185. Lots of ideas, No motivation.

Offline dawesy

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 03:38:04 PM »
Haha.
Well it's in the shop. Brief test and I'm impressed. 3mtr hose and 6mtr cable. Auto on with a power tool rated at upto 1400w. Suction is very good and hose is nice and flexible.
All in all very impressed. Well worth the money.
Lee.
wishing my workshop was larger :(

Offline Fergus OMore

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 11:20:34 AM »
I had the Parkside  smaller ash vacuum for workshop use. Could be Lidl or Aldi but that is forgotten). Saw the same model in Lidl's in Mahon, Menorca.- but my 3 Euro one from the charity shop still works :beer:

My Hoover one here in the UK is somewhat worn and spares will cost somewhere near a complete and guaranteed one from Lidl. So I bit the bullet this AM. It has one fault or rather omission and that is no brushes and the Hoover ones don't fit. So I'll have to make adapter sleeves.

Whilst I was on, I bought one of those car impact cameras for £40. My son uses one in his E Class Estate as a professional driver- and seems happy with it. Lidl manager wished he had had one in his car accident sometime ago. For 40 quid- and a lot of reading up how it works, it seems sensible addition.

Came out with a car seat cover to modify as wife has bursar on hip where seat belt fitting rubs.
More work to add padding  :bang:

With a bit of thoughts on vacuum cleaners, I think that I'll modify the nozzles to fit the tee slots on the  Myford, the mill drill and the Clarkson. Wife wants me to check the tenon joints on a C clarinet which are sticking.

In for a penny, in for a pound- perhaps.

Cheers

Norman