Author Topic: Redundancy  (Read 10404 times)

Offline Arbalist

Re: Redundancy
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2014, 06:37:57 AM »
Sounds good John. I stepped straight into retirement at age 57 and love it.

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2014, 07:53:19 AM »
That's the way John!  :clap: :clap:

It took me almost 2 years, to gently, catch up on the retirement mods.

Enjoy your week away. And, the rest of your "long holiday".......  :thumbup:

David D
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

Offline gerritv

• St Catharines
    • My Hobbies
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2014, 08:07:03 AM »
Once you retire you start to wonder how you had time to work  :D

Gerrit

Offline tom osselton

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2014, 07:38:26 PM »
I can't say anything I've been on long term since 08 but I retire in 2019!  Here's the rub the Calgary Herald decided to farm out the printing and let everyone walk with severance except for the long term guy's we can get it if we go back to work, now they are saying we can get it but have to give up our benefits and long term for 42 weeks pay compared to another 4 years of ltd.

Offline bp

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2014, 08:19:45 PM »
I retired in 2008 after a whiskers over 20 years.  I thoroughly enjoyed the first 18 years, and got progressively more depressed in the last 2.  What with the youngster trained by me, but now thinking he is my boss, telling me how to do my job, he reminded me of a seagull, flies in cr*ps all over the place and flies away.  With my (supposed) real boss acting a bit like seaweed (floats around, does nothing), and the departmental boss playing his cards so close to his chest, he really needed eyes in the back of his head. 
This all came to a head in August 2007 when the Three Amigos mentioned above ambushed me with accusations of lack of motivation.  This left me fairly upset and even more demotivated.  Around November 2007 I got in touch with the company dealing with my Super, to be asked "Why are you still working?"
When I went back to work in Jan 2008, I told Seaweed that I was going on 12 weeks long service leave, at the end of which I would be retiring.  Which is what happened.  There have been a few moments, like when the self styled Masters of the Universe lost 25% of my superannuation fund in a tense few months later in 2008.  But I have seldom been happier, lots of stuff to do in the shed etc etc.  Now 6 years later Seagull is in charge, Seaweed was found out and "let go", and the real boss was himself ambushed by Seagull and also "let go".
I'm glad I'm where I am!!
cheers
Bill