The Craftmans Shop > PowerSports

A loader for the Ford 850 from bits and pieces

<< < (11/14) > >>

vtsteam:
I couldn't resist scooping up a bucket full, and then putting it back.

This thing is really great. Powerful. It's going to make a big difference around here:

vtsteam:
Not sure why the dog liked it so much. He posed himself.

It's quite a long stretch, stem to stern!

awemawson:
Looking very good Steve  :thumbup:

I'm still fighting my hedge flail mounting. Last set up was a total failure - twisted far too much for safety - in fact snapped one of the anti sway chains  (*)when I tried an experimental lift. Now got some axle mounting brackets and need to modify it for axle mounting but times against me  :(

(* actually the chain link was a lousy weld with little penetration but never the less took a few tons of force to snap)

nickle:
Looking good. What's left on the list before it's declared fully operational?

vtsteam:
Thanks Andrew!

I was looking for your flail mod thread again, but couldn't find it.

I helped a farmer friend today mount a flail mower, and also fixed his fire wood processor (bar oiler needed work).

Nickle, thanks!

I'm replacing and securing most of the hydraulic hoses on the tractor. I've replaced about 10 so far. That's taking a little while -- the whole rat's nest was in really bad shape. I'm going to send for some of the longer ones, as having them made up locally is an extravagant gesture. They're about a third the price from online outfits.

After that, I'll need to:

Do the final valve adjustment
Mount the gas tank and connect it.
Secure the wiring
Get the gauges connected properly, and secured in the dash
Change the oil filter
Drain and refill and bleed the hydraulic system.
Secure the radiator (it's loose)
Adjust the clutch free pedal
Mount the sheet metal panels (there seems to be  missing frame work forward to attach them to -- probably have to make something).
Finish painting

Then I can start digging!   :ddb:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version