Gallery, Projects and General > The Design Shop

Gear Depthing Tool Plans- ideas, suggestions, plans, machining order

<< < (2/14) > >>

BillTodd:

--- Quote from: raynerd on May 28, 2014, 12:23:22 PM ---Thanks for the info so far. If a bar running in v grooves is used for the hinge, I dont see how the assembly is held together, I.e force at the bottom on the bar.

--- End quote ---

it'll stay together if the force is between the hinge and the adjuster i.e. it is pulling both together.

if groove cutting  is a problem then drill holesand balls would work (I'll try to draw it for you later)

David Jupp:
I was sure I'd seen something in MEW - I was right, see
http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/product/35246/clock-depthing-tool-article-december-1991-january-1992-digital-edition

vtsteam:

--- Quote from: raynerd on May 28, 2014, 12:23:22 PM ---Thanks for the info so far. If a bar running in v grooves is used for the hinge, I dont see how the assembly is held together, I.e force at the bottom on the bar.

--- End quote ---

That would be more Vert-Mill friendly than long bored holes. I tend to still think boring because that's how my homemade lathe came together, long before I had a vertical mill. But V-grooving everything makes a lot of sense. You can do all the main body grooves without shifting the part in the clamping setup, which makes them all parallel. Good way to do it!

BillTodd:
grooveless version 1

5mm balls sitting in 4mm reamed holes

chipenter:
I made one out of several 4" brass hinges , knocked the pin from two and rivited them together then reamed for the pins and cut out the centre , stil got it somewhare .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version