The Breakroom > The Water Cooler

Fascinating video of a man making a vacuum tube!

(1/2) > >>

HS93:

Saw this and found it Fascinating , the amout of work and the tooling he has had to make

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-9843011-47.html

Peter

Bernd:
Very interesting Peter. Nice find.

I wonder how long it took him to learn working glass. I see he goes through three stages in working the glass. A preheat, heat to form it and then a tempering. He also put's it in, what looks like an electric kiln.

Still very amazing to watch. Seems like he has quite a workshop to from the last bit of his video were it shows him working on the mill.

Bernd

Brass_Machine:
I have been watching that video for a couple of years now. That guy just blows me away with his talent. Thanks for bringing that one back to the front.

Eric

Divided he ad:
Very cool.... Got to work glass well to stop the cracks  :thumbup:  I know that from my glass scorpion.... Cracked through the centre and because it wasn't heat treated (now super glued!!)

A lot of tooling and patience I'm sure!  :bugeye:

Where's Darren....? This should be right up his street shoudn't it?

Ralph.

Darren:
Hi Ralph.

Yes fascinating video, the guys got some talent. I was quite impressed the first time I saw it, before |I knew much about valves.

That reminds me, I've a valve amp project on the go somewhere. I must get back to it sometime... :thumbup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version