Author Topic: 6 x 26" Mill - Power feed  (Read 5010 times)

Offline 12345678910

6 x 26" Mill - Power feed
« on: April 01, 2014, 03:31:54 PM »
I've been looking at power feed options on the 6x26 mills

I don't necessarily want to spend the $ they are charging for the new ones, so I'm looking at of DIY solutions.

But it looks like even the proper commercially made power feed units are to fit a Bridgeport style don't directly fit this mill.

Are there any direct fit models?

Are there any good DIY projects that turned out cheap, durable and good looking?

I've watched the doubleboost video trouble at mill and at around  4:50 - 7:50
it seems as though it fits directly without  extra spacers/ adapters to get that to work

I do belong to the yahoo group and have looked at everything there too.

Offline doubleboost

• Madmodder Committee
  • Newcastle Upon Tyne
Re: 6 x 26" Mill - Power feed
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 05:06:01 PM »
Hi
I bought the power feed from a lad who is doing a CNC conversion
I had the lead screw as well  It was not a bolt on job
I had to make spacers up  no 2 of these machines are the same  :bugeye: :bugeye:
Works well once sorted though  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
John

Offline beeshed

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 08:08:59 AM »
I am looking at copying part of this CNC conversion but then just putting a pulse generator on the driver. Wouold be a stepping stone to CNC if I ever go that way.

Offline Jonny

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 04:09:07 PM »
Noticed the other day theres a few on ebay around £150 onwards but will need the 110v transformer.

Kits are available from Chester to adapt Bridgy type, from memory lead screw extension (weld it), brass 45 degree cog and shims meant for the 626.
Not sure about the adapter/spacer but know Chester did supply retrofitted to new 626 machines 10 yr ago. Did my Super Lux back then packer had to be in two pieces hell of a lot harder to do.

Wiper motors supposed to be good but need to adapt and use a PSU.
My Bridgy power feed is 150ft/lb torque often used when bed locks nipped up to eliminate climb milling backlash and jumping for hours on end daily.

Offline 12345678910

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 07:42:28 PM »
I'm in Canada so I'm not worried about a 110 transformer, that's what we have.

I haven't found any used units, but I'm looking in Canada & USA

The shipping on these are already in the $60 range, so I'm not looking in the UK as I'm sure that postage would be out of sight.

All the ones I lee are in the $400-$600 range and considering they aren't much different than the $30 Walmart power drill I'm sure the importers have some markk up on them.

Is there no one selling these direct from HK or China ?