Author Topic: iGaging DRO's Really Cheap  (Read 8039 times)

Offline davidh

iGaging DRO's Really Cheap
« on: March 13, 2014, 03:06:24 PM »
I have installed iGaging dros on my 12” Craftsman lathe and Rong fu 30 mill / drill and have posted lots of photo’s.  here’s the story.  I’d be more than happy to help anyone else that’s thought about doing the same :

Last May I became a distrib. for iGaging tools and am offering them at near my cost, however I had to buy a bunch of them to get the pricing I wanted.  I have remote reading 6”,  12”, 24”,  & 36” and 6” direct reading quill dro’s.  same as the ones on ebay, Amazon, Grizzly, etc  they come with some misc’l mounting hardware and so far seem to be of good quality. 

I was also very impressed with a thing they call a cube level / bevel gadget and have a few of those in stock also. They are very handy for putting parts in your mill vice at an angle based on the level of your table  or mill, or setting the blades in your saw at an exact angle to the related parts of the machines.  these can be shipped in a small flat rate box from the usps.  Only $27.50 to your door, 

you can read about all their products at their web site @ iGaging.com.  I have been placing orders from them about every two weeks.

I am also a distrib. for a hard goods tool supplier call ALFATOOLS.com in ill.   they have American, European and Asian tools and miscl.  I have made available quality drill sets, the most popular one is a 29 pc, USA made, stub drill set in a metal drill index for $57.50 shipped to your door

I accept checks and will take paypal if you’d care to add 3% on to the total to pay their fee.  my paypal account say’s I am a business, but that’s how it was set up many years ago.

Im attempting to put information on a facebook page I had prior to my retirement including mounting photos and other related things.  Check it out and “like” the page.  It should be found as “Birch Industrial Tool Service Inc” and this should get you there:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Birch-Industrial-Tool-Serv-Inc/1406807829568869

thanks for your interest and I hope I can help you save a few bucks.

davidh

Offline Noitoen

Re: iGaging DRO's Really Cheap
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 04:31:32 PM »
When you say 6", 12", 24" and so on, is this the measuring length or the scale's length?

Offline BaronJ

• Grumpy Old Git !
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 05:27:56 PM »
Hi David,

You need to be aware that many people, me included, won't go near Facebook !

Best Regards:
                     Baron

Offline Noitoen

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 05:33:56 PM »
Facebook???? what is facebook? :scratch:

Offline John Rudd

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 07:32:46 PM »
 :lol
Facebook???? what is facebook? :scratch:
Facebook is the tool of the devil!!

Seriously, it is a social media thing....you don't want to go there....IMHO I hate it with a vengeance, your life will never be the same....

I was quite interested in the scales up to the point of Paypal and FB being mentioned......shame really...Although there is a way round the 3%......mebbe?
eccentric millionaire financed by 'er indoors

Offline mattinker

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 07:56:47 PM »
Facebook is what you let it be, an anonymous email address, a false name on a linux based system and you shouldn't get sucked in, the information you provide is bogus, you've lost nothing.

Regards, Matthew.

Offline tom osselton

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 09:50:08 PM »
It seems ok to me I got on when checking it out to invest. I've made  around 85,000  so far like anything else it is just a means to stay in touch with friends / family.

Offline davidh

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 05:37:37 PM »
lets see if I can answer to the comments.  firstly, the lengths are the actual reading lengths,  the overall lengths are beyond that.  they can easily be cut.

a couple guys comments about facebook is very true.  its a social thing.  I have 5 kids and lots of family members on the site and those that want to add something to advise family or friends can do just that.  they don't require any death defying information that you don't want to give them.  I have only used it because I don't know how to do a web site. . . .

as far as paypal is concerned, tons of folks use it with no problem altho I know lots of folks are weary and do not allow access to the accounts they reference or keep only small amounts of $$$$ in those accounts in case things go south.  I understand the cautions that are taken.  I have used them for probably 10 years with no problems other than they take a piece of the pie.  the easiest way around them is sending a check or money order.  I have not problem with that.  im all for saving money.

for john and baron, I would happily email you all the pictures and stuff that I have posted, I don't mind that at all. . . I just need your email address.  mine is:
tooldoc@cheqnet.net  or davidhallsten@yahoo.com (I think) and im sure I have a few others also.

email me or whatever. . . .. I easy.
thanks for reading
davidh