Author Topic: Ot: iom tt  (Read 3849 times)

Offline Bradley Simmonds

Ot: iom tt
« on: January 22, 2014, 09:42:37 AM »
Heya,

Just tryin to organise going to the isle of man tt this year and was hoping for some input/advice...on everything to do with it....ie accom, taking own bike, what days to go. 

On the flip side of that if any of the guys from the island on this forum want to make a coupla hundred pound from a mate n  myself (£400) if you've got a room we can sleep on the floor in for 4-5days give me shout

Cheers
Brad

Offline Manxmodder

Re: Ot: iom tt
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 10:07:42 AM »
Hi Brad, Yes I can Give you some useful advice and also a good friend of mine would be willing to offer you comfortable accommodation for the duration of your visit.

His home is within very close proximity  to all the main nightime entertainment and pubs in Douglas,so not to far to walk home after a few beers.

Also secure parking for a motorcycle and a large tv to watch the days race coverage reports which are broadcast of an evening.

He is a good host and has been involved with the local catering and hospitality industry for many years.

Send me a PM and I will give you his email and phone number.....OZ.
Helixes aren't always downward spirals,sometimes they're screwed up

Offline Manxmodder

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 08:40:47 PM »
Got Brad and his mate sorted with decent accommodation for TT,he's now trying to sort out his dates for arrival/departure for the festival. If anyone else needs advice or help with coming for the TT or Manx Grand Prix meetings send me PM and I'll do my best.....OZ.

Offline Bradley Simmonds

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 09:25:20 AM »
Cheers once again oz!  Greatly appreciated!
When im there we can catch up and ill buy you a couple if rounds!!

Offline Manxmodder

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 10:32:22 PM »
Brad,the location you asked about at the top of a hill where the tram stops is in fact Snaefell crossing also known as the Bungalow,its just about the highest point on the TT circuit.
If you search the Isle of Man Govt website for webcams there are 4 of them showing different views permanently mounted at that very point....OZ.