The Craftmans Shop > New from Old

Eurospark H425 Die Sinker EDM reborn

<< < (2/6) > >>

awemawson:
So does it work. In short no  :bang:

Firstly, to remove the tank I had to raise the vertical slide further than the screw that moves it.Lowering it back I ended up with a burr on the phosphor bronze nut. Had to remove the nut with the slide precariously balanced on cribbing timber, mill off the burr and re-install in - all a bit of a drag but then it was mechanically back together.

So does it work. In short (Still) no  :bang:

All the servos work but we have no spark. I'd had enough by then so clean up and have supper and a couple of cans of 'Old Speckled Hen'

A bit of prodding this morning and I find that one contactor was a bit sticky, clean it up, re-wire a few bits I wasn't happy with and off she goes  :ddb: :ddb: :ddb:

Lets do a quick and dirty test. Stubby bit of copper tube as an electrode with a block of EN8 steel as the victim

awemawson:
So what was the result. Well in about two minutes we've sunk the copper in 70 thousandths of an inch. So we're back in business and maybe now I can make that 5/8 UNC x 2" grub screw with a hex recess that I needed for my Edwards folder re-build.

Lets hope these bellows last longer than the previous ones as it was an unpleasant messy and dirty job.

Andrew

(* later correction - it's a 5/8 BSF x 2" grub screw)

Pete W.:
Hi there, Andrew,

It's good to read your post - that's a result!   :clap:   :clap:   :clap: 

I remember that the green soup was part of the problem but I've forgotten how you needed to resolve that part.

Meldonmech:
Hi Andrew
                          It really is amazing what that Old Spreckled Hen can do for you. Just shows job fixed.

Cheers David

awemawson:

--- Quote from: Meldonmech on December 07, 2013, 11:14:00 AM ---Hi Andrew
                          It really is amazing what that Old Spreckled Hen can do for you. Just shows job fixed.

Cheers David

--- End quote ---

Only bettered by Harvey's Best Bitter, but that's not available in cans only barrels - (polypin ordered for Christmas  :ddb: )

Andrew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version