Author Topic: Desoutter Pistol air drill - DB7-P  (Read 4067 times)

Offline ksor

• Turn off the TV - life ain't replayed !
    • Keld's hjemmeside
Desoutter Pistol air drill - DB7-P
« on: August 30, 2013, 10:17:15 AM »
I got such a pistol, it looks like the attached picture but not that particular part number - mine maybe an older model - I can't find the part number DB7-P in the Desoutter catalog.

It has not that much torque - can easily hold it with my hand - is that normal ?  :bang:
Best regards
KSor, Denmark
Skype name: keldsor

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Re: Desoutter Pistol air drill - DB7-P
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 11:14:11 AM »
Years ago in the college holidays I had a job assembling sofa frames from pine. They were doweled with 3/8" dowels in holes we drilled with a drill just like that. The drill struggled to drill the hole and wouldn't cope with knots in the wood. If I remember correctly they were run at 60 psi
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline chipenter

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 03:09:48 PM »
I used those years ago they are great for drilling small hole in aluminium , they were very fast but not a lot of torque , oil helps ISO 32 hydraulic oil is what we used and no more than one drop . 
Jeff

Offline ksor

• Keld's hjemmeside
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 06:37:28 PM »
OK - then I'm carm Again - thx for the answers to all of you !  :beer:
Best regards
KSor, Denmark

Offline daz

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 03:39:06 PM »
You can change the internals to provide higher torque. We used to use them in the electrnics factory I served my apprenticeship in. We bought all the tooling in and then changed the insides to give different torque levels. It was a while ago though and they are very good tools, over 20 years ago now but it might give you something else to search for?
I'm not a complete idiot, some bits are missing!

Offline ksor

• Keld's hjemmeside
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 04:12:41 PM »
You can change the internals to provide higher torque. We used to use them in the electrnics factory I served my apprenticeship in. We bought all the tooling in and then changed the insides to give different torque levels. It was a while ago though and they are very good tools, over 20 years ago now but it might give you something else to search for?

I did take it apart and clean it and gave it some oil and now it Works MUCH better !
 :)
Best regards
KSor, Denmark