Home Base > Announcements & Issues

The show season and getting ourselves known

(1/9) > >>

bogstandard:
It seems, now that Saturday is the favourite day, a few of us Redcoats will be attending the Harrogate show in May.

What about getting a bit of advertising sorted.

Has anyone come up with any ideas for a Madmodders logo?

Then just a bit of paper with piccy and web address (and even maybe a few phone numbers). Someone like Peter in his chair giving out the flyers, with Ralph standing behind with a baseball bat, to assist the recipients put them in a safe place for future perusal.

Maybe the Colonials could do the same sort of thing at their upcoming shows. It just might attract a few of the loners to join us in our search for enlightenment.

Give them to a few retailers, you never know, they just might give the members a little bit of a discount if we review a few of their products that are purchased at the shows.

The site is now starting to fly, and our collective is growing by the day, so a bit of advertising will do us no harm.

Also, if Eric manages to sort out a dedicated server, we will need a headline banner for that.

Unless you want to get one of my C-o-C's for a logo, lets see what you can come up with. Get yourself up in lights.

Plain, simple, and easy on the eye. Too complicated means too much trouble to read.

Organic seems to be the in thing at the moment.

If you can get this right, as promised, I will be making a very special finger engine, hopefully before Christmas.

Bogs

ja2on:
John what do you mean by "organic" do you have an example ?

EDIT here is a few quickies

Brass_Machine:
My wife does the marketing for a very large tool website, so I am going to hit her graphics guy up for a logo. I have been planning on doing T-shirts up for the guys going to shows and such. We started to grow much quicker than I anticipated.

She has a lot of ideas in the works for us...

John... no ass kissing here, but glad you got my back!

And that goes for everyone else too! I did a search for madmodder.net the other day and it was popping up in other forums and such (Ralph, John & Darren).

Thanks Guys

Eric

bogstandard:
As I was saying, organic is in at the moment.

Art nouveau.

It is not up to me to decide anyway, but I thought of getting away from the normal 'mechanical' type logos to something that looks like it is growing and merging into a whole. Different from the norm

I have already sent Steve an idea, when eventually he picks himself up off the floor after seeing it, maybe he could comment on whether it is feasible or not, then let the members decide.

Bogs

Divided he ad:
As I have no decernable artistic or grafical type tallent I can't contribute except to say I like or don't like when things come onto my screen...

That said firstly,  I admire your speed Jason!!!  :bugeye: Secondly,  if Eric does Tshirts then that's a perfectly good logo to put on the back.... Maybe just the cogs in a light colour then the name in the darker... No box around them? I'd wear it!    (Black and in large!!!  :lol:  )
I don't think the cool spinning one will work on tshirts... Well not yet! :)

Organic.... Carrots, potatoes??? or pansies!!!!!  :lol:    Or should I be laughing after reading this???

--- Quote ---I have already sent Steve an idea, when eventually he picks himself up off the floor after seeing it, maybe he could comment on whether it is feasible or not, then let the members decide.
--- End quote ---
   :lol:

Can't wait.....

I want to see all other input too, this is a fun idea  :thumbup:

Ralph.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version