The Shop > Wood & Stuff

carousel

<< < (4/22) > >>

PTsideshow:
You have a really good start, And I have seen some pretty bare bones to a couple real crazy detailed ones. They have had some very folk artish ones from past members. I will have to find the newsletter with the mods to a import small tubing cutter that lets one turn out the twist brass tubing that is used animal hanger poles. :thumbup:

shipto:
Been working on the drive today, after stripping down the screwdriver I turned the outer part out so it was straight and bored a new housing to press it into reassembled the gears and bolted the motor housing to it, after that I bolted half of the pan washer bearing? to the top and the whole lot is fixed to the carousel centre.
It turns a little fast (scaled up I think it would throw kids off no problem  :lol:) so the pwm is definatly needed.

shipto:
Had a accident with the center column for the carousel and had to remake it but to avoid it breaking should the same thing happen I covered it with cloth and drenched the whole lot in glue.
Also made a start on the gearing to make the horses go up and down.

shipto:
Its been a long time since I even looked at this project, amazing how other things get in the way but found myself at a loose end today so decided to do a bit with it and started by trying to remember exactly what I was doing so put it together and sized up the bars.
Anyway apart from the post to show this project hasnt gone by the wayside I am still having trouble with the gearing to move the horses and wondered if anyone had some ideas. The main gear needs to be 80mm id and up to 180mm od while the other 8 need to be about 26mm with a ratio of around 4.5 : 1

sparky961:
Although I'm not that interested in the carousel itself, I have to thank you.  Looking at the approximately 2 years since your last post made me feel a lot less alone when thinking about the myriad projects I've started and not "yet" completed.  Seems it runs in the community. :)

Glad to see you've rekindled the interest and best of luck with the continuation/completion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version