The Craftmans Shop > New from Old

Versatool Cabinets

<< < (2/14) > >>

awemawson:
We end up with this result:

awemawson:
I've moved them into my insulated and dry workshop over night as otherwise they will rust very rapidly being really bare steel. If the weather holds tomorrow I reckon I've just about got enough thinners to blow a thin primer coat on to keep them safe

micktoon:
Nice  Cabinets ....proper heavy duty stuff  :thumbup: , Looks like you are going about doing them the quickest and best way providing you have the gear to do it   :drool: , dam well beats an old chisel scraping paint off then allsorts of grinding sanding........but I will just keep telling myself it keeps me fit  :lol:

Looking forward to seeing them finished they should be as good as new , keep up the good work  :thumbup:

Cheers Mick.

awemawson:
Often using a striping disk is quicker than blasting if you take into account the getting out, putting away and clearing up, but the surface is usually a bit too smooth. The blaster leaves a slightly rough surface that gives a good 'key' for the paint to hang on to.

Arbalist:
Nice looking cabinets, look forward to seeing them completely refurbed.

On the subject of sandblasters, I saw a prog on TV a while back where they were reconditioning M1 Abrahms tanks. Stripped of all parts they are hung up inside the biggest blasting cabinet I've ever seen. Fully automatic of course!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version