Author Topic: Metalwork Farm Style  (Read 4901 times)

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Metalwork Farm Style
« on: July 07, 2013, 05:56:52 AM »
Last year, as every year, we separated the Ewes and the Rams from early August until 5th Novemeber when the Rams are released for duty tupping the Ewes.

Last year, Harold decided he wasn't going to wait until November for his oats. Harold tends to get his way as he is a sizeable chunky chappie - hard to beileve I bottle fed him at first:
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
Re: Metalwork Farm Style
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 05:58:14 AM »
So Harold went on a tube bending course at the local college :

Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 06:03:17 AM »
Not only did he make the brand new gate look rather like a banana, he uprooted the metal hinge post that was concrete set and managed to release all the Ewes that were in that field.

So we had early lambs this year - in fact the first is now in my freezer :)

Today I decided it was time to try and reverse his damage. Setting the gate flat on the ground with one end resting on a log, a substantial amount of jumping up and down on it produced this:
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 06:04:49 AM »
Not perfect, but it's saved £100 for a new one - just need to re-set the hinge post. This year Harold (along with SuperTed my other Ram) is going on holiday early August to another farm to stop a repeat performance.
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline John Stevenson

• In Memoriam
  • Nottingham, England.
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 06:43:51 AM »
Instead of jumping up and down on it you should have used his balls as a hammer !!  :lol:
John Stevenson

Offline tekfab

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 08:52:10 AM »
I assume that the sheep photo's are for the benefit of our Geordie members who may be single and looking ?

:)   :)   :)

Mike  (Married)

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 09:46:16 AM »
Try any hanky panky with Harold and you'd be injured for life. He has a mean streak. He has a habit of butting me in the small of the back if I turn my back to him. Last time it was on the left hip and my leg was in agony for two days. He may still make it to the curry pot if he's not too careful  :wave: But in fairness he does produce a well formed quick growing lamb. He's a Hampshire Down in case anyone wondered, and the Ewes are Romneys (sometimes called Kents). SuperTed though is a Southdown but he only occasionally gets a look in.
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline tekfab

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 10:34:13 AM »
I think Harold and SuperTed are safe, i dont think we have any gay bestialists on MadModders even among our Geordie lads . . . .
. . . mind you they'd definitely be there if you curry him ! especially if you make curried lamb pies !   :beer:

Mike