Author Topic: car boot find  (Read 3167 times)

Offline shipto

• Redditch, UK
car boot find
« on: May 05, 2013, 12:35:00 PM »
first time I visited the car boot in years and found a rather rusty cam vice no makers markings but its obviously quite old. Thought I would ask the guy how much he wanted, to which he replied "£3"  :jaw: . If it wasnt so damn heavy i would have ran back to the car with it in case he changed his mind.
Anyway got it home gave it a good healthy spray of 3in1 oil and left it to soak in, stood on the handle, which i just realised I have missed from all the pics, and it moved  :D .
now getting it stripped down and painted. the only thing to decide now is if I keep it (it has limited use unless I have a big run of stuff to do) or sell it for a profit and use the money towards something else  :coffee:
Turns out this life c**p is just one big distraction from death but a good one. For the love of god dont give yourself time to think.
https://myshedblog.wordpress.com/

Offline John Rudd

Re: car boot find
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 01:56:33 PM »
Nice find...

If you dont have a use for it sell it on...

I'm doing just that with my shaper...
eccentric millionaire financed by 'er indoors

Offline shipto

• Redditch, UK
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 03:43:30 PM »
wow has this really been sat in my workshop for a year already, so surface grinder type thingy is semi on hold as I am working on kampervan restoration while the weather is good  :lol: when it wants to be right?
so I was at a loose end and decided to finish this vice. Had a screw and nut from a broken vice which I decided would be perfect and I am pleased with the results.
Without the stop in place it will open to 130mm and about 80mm with it in place, it does have a slightly tight spot but it not so bad I need strip it down again.
Turns out this life c**p is just one big distraction from death but a good one. For the love of god dont give yourself time to think.

Offline awemawson

• Global Moderator
  • East Sussex, UK
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 03:47:58 PM »
Looks a fair old size.. What'll it grip?
Andrew Mawson
East Sussex

Offline shipto

• Redditch, UK
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 03:49:35 PM »
Sorry awemawson I realised i had left that out and amended post but it will open to 130mm max 80mm with the stop in place.

Offline Sid_Vicious

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 05:18:10 PM »
Really nice find there, I'm off next weekend to the largest car boot sale/Swap meet in Norway and I really hope there is something useable there.
Nothing is impossible, it just take more time to figure out.