The Shop > Finishing

Junk yard project ,media blasting , pressure pot

<< < (4/5) > >>

John Rudd:
Here's my set up....

A few piccies of my pot, compressor, I've just finished doing some coz the valve has hole worn by the media and you can see the nozzle has a slot cut up its side.....

Rob.Wilson:
Thanks for the comments  Lads  :beer: and  apologies  for the slow reply ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LIFE GETS IN THE WAY SOMETIMES  :Doh:

--- Quote from: Mayhem on May 08, 2013, 09:28:38 AM ---
Top job and looking forward to seeing this progress (unlike the cupola and the CNC refit but I won't mention those  :poke:).

What is the reason for welding the filler to the neck with dissimilar rods?

--- End quote ---

LOL  thanks Mayhem ,,,,,,,,,,,,, I used dissimilar rods as the tank is carbon steel and the filler neck is stainless steel  :zap:

Hi John ,, I like the look of your blasting gun , I am shure I could knock one of those up to morrow , I got a couple of sample 25kg bags of media today , may give the setup a try out tomorrow

Thanks Rob

krv3000:
hi rob don't no if this is any good but i have been geting bags of sand from work its not bilding sand its sand that they put in the oven at work for drying the pant i have being puting it on me drive to fill in the gaps and im gowing to see wat tis like with a bit of cement mixt in to it it seem to have a uiniform grane sise you can cum and pic sum up if you wont

Rob.Wilson:
Hi Bob ,thanks for the offer but,

If ist silica sand  then its not safe for sand blasting , just so the lads  should be aware Silica sands , beach , building sands are not safe for blasting , when blasting they break up and release free silica partials , which when inhaled will cause a horrible lung disease called Silicosis .RIP.

Rob   

John Rudd:

--- Quote from: RobWilson on May 17, 2013, 04:24:40 PM ---Hi Bob ,thanks for the offer but,

If it's silica sand  then its not safe for sand blasting , just so the lads  should be aware Silica sands , beach , building sands are not safe for blasting , when blasting they break up and release free silica particles , which when inhaled will cause a horrible lung disease called Silicosis .RIP.

Rob

--- End quote ---

Err its also illegal to use sand for blasting if the Council get to know about it...

I have it on good authority,You could be prosecuted...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version