Home Base > Introductions

just arrived

(1/3) > >>

reel jon:
just found this place, already had an education after half an hour quadrupled my understanding of getting my mini lathe into shape.

the name reel jon refers to what i spend most of my time doing, modifying fishing reels
spent 30+ years printing, what a waste of time :( since getting a mini lathe i realise what i should have done at 15  when i got indentured. 

bogstandard:
Welcome RJ,

Just keep on reading, you never know what will take your interest next.

Sounds like, even though you are a late starter, you are going to enjoy murdering a few bits of metal.

And I am sure a few of the lads would like to see a little insight into what your speciality is.

Bogs

Darren:
Hi Jon,

Don't fret about the Mini lathe, the one John modified was is a few years old and unusually badly made/machined. Even so it could turn out quite acceptable parts. Just a couple of areas it struggled with.
Even so, there is quite a bit you can do to tune it up quite easily.

Welcome to the forum and please do show us what you do with the reels, quite like a bit of fishing myself being near the sea and all.... :thumbup:

Brass_Machine:
Hi Jon!

Welcome to the collective  :borg:

I do a lot of work on a mini lathe... including some production on some bike bits. A lot of production. With some proper tuning and such, it is a capable machine.

Soooo... fishing reels eh? What type? I used to be an avid fly fisher when I lived in Maine. I still get some fishing in at the in-laws lake house during the summer.

Mind showing use some of your work? I wouldn't mind seeing if there are some things to do to my open face caster.I can add a board for outdoor type activities... I know I have a few projects planned that would fit in perfect there.

Eric

Divided he ad:
Hi Jon  :wave:

Welcome to the fun :)

As Eric kinda says.... Any pic's of what you have been upto?

See you around the board :thumbup:

Ralph.  :borg:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version