Gallery, Projects and General > Oooops!

CNC Crash Compilation

(1/7) > >>

philf:
An interesting compilation of CNC blunders.

Of course, I've never set feed rates in meters/sec instead of mm/min or set the safe Z height too low so that the tool cuts right through a clamp!  :(

Phil.

Jonfb64:
To err is human but to completely **** up you need a computer  :lol:

AdeV:
Why is it, when things start going wrong in CNC-land, the emergency stop buttons are suddenly miles away & totally inoperative before the tool has destroyed itself & send the workpiece flying?

Fingers crossed, I've only bashed one tool with the CNC mill so far, and it was sufficiently robust (and fortunately hit a metal plate & not the table) that the machine realised something was wrong & halted before it did major damage to anything.

sparky961:

--- Quote from: AdeV on March 15, 2013, 01:57:44 PM ---Fingers crossed, I've only bashed one tool with the CNC mill so far, and it was sufficiently robust (and fortunately hit a metal plate & not the table) that the machine realised something was wrong & halted before it did major damage to anything.

--- End quote ---

If you aren't breaking tools, how will you ever know what you can get away with? :)

If you see something glowing red hot despite the flood coolant, hit the e-stop.  Don't ask me how I know...

Swarfing:
What were you doing recording in my shed  :bang:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version