Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Oh Blimey I bought a CNC Lathe !!!!

<< < (2/134) > >>

awemawson:

--- Quote from: RobWilson on February 27, 2013, 12:57:43 PM ---Impressive bit of kit awemawson   :thumbup:

Now have machine envy  :coffee:

Rob

--- End quote ---

..he...he ....  it even has an air conditioning unit built into the end cabinet to keep the electronics comfy ! Just moving the swarf conveyor into place took four of us and that with machine skates.

Rob :No need for machine envy until (if) I get it working - up to that point it's a potential liability.

To be honest it's a bit scary contemplating turning it on - certainly don't want to until I know a bit more about the controller, and how to disable the (enormous) axis drives - don't want things slamming around and self destructing.

Vtsteam: memory back up on the controller is by built in battery pack - seems boot memory is in eeproms, but I've not dug too deeply yet

Fortunately I have a floppy disk with the machine parameters in a win readable file which is a major bonus

Pete.:
My first job would be to back that floppy up!

Nice looking machine - that mess of electronics would scare the life out of me :)

John Stevenson:
Well if you don't manage to get it running it will make a decent pig pen..........................................

John Rudd:

--- Quote from: awemawson link=topic=8261.msg88603#msg88603 date=136199406

Fortunately I have a floppy disk with the machine parameters in a win readable file which is a major bonus
[/quote ---
Wow a floppy disc....Whats one of them? :D :D :D 

Best do a back up as suggested by Pete....
--- End quote ---

awemawson:
I also have the parameters on 1" paper tape AND the means to read it  :ddb:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version