The Craftmans Shop > Radio Control Models

A couple of planes I've built

(1/4) > >>

vtsteam:
Here are 2 planes I built last year --both from scratch and both were made from insulation foam. The red one is a model of a '30's Brown B-2 racer I designed, and the yellow one is a Mambo -- a replica of the first R/C model I ever built back in the early 60's. The original was balsa and glow engine powered.

Both these newer models are electric. The Mambo has a faux engine cylinder turned up out of a bit of aluminum -- I needed a ballast weight up forward, and that seemed like a fun way to do it.

John Rudd:
 Nice looking models you got there...... :thumbup:

What does the power train consist of?
Motorwise, is it brushed/gearbox or brushless  battery pack..nicad or lipo?

Wingspan, auw?

I fly models too...may have to post up a few to compete with yours... :D

vtsteam:
Hi John,
They are 36" and 52" wingspan, respectively. and use the good old fashioned  Towerpro 2408-21 (a.k.a. BP-21) brushless outrunners, and 1400 mah 3 cell batts.

AUW 1 lb 4 oz for the Brown and 2 lbs. for the Mambo.. (If I remember correctly!)

-- That's 567and 907 gm, for weights and 914 mm and 1321 for spans  --

black85vette:
OK, so you cast your own parts, make your own lathe, build airplanes from scratch.   Is there anything you Don't do??  :bow:

Seriously, nice looking planes.   I have built a few RC gliders, both slope and thermal.   Only one gas powered fixed wing.  Currently have 3 helicopters

vtsteam:
Well B85V I don't machine as handsome steam engines as some people I might mention! Or even as functional ones. Well, yet, I guess. Boy my hat is off to you if you build sailplanes -- those are the most sophisticated, and elegant of all flying models.  :bow: :bow:

Other things I don't do... lessee, bake bread? Here's the proof, that box just has a bunch of stainless cable and AN hardware in it:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version