Author Topic: Heads-up: Scammers UK  (Read 2889 times)

Offline BillTodd

• Colchester Essex (where the lathes were made)
Heads-up: Scammers UK
« on: January 18, 2013, 06:23:00 AM »
Just a quick heads-up for anyone thinking of buying a lathe or other machine tool in the UK.

The scammers are still operating (see http://www.homeworkshop.org.uk/index.php?option=com_agora&task=topic&id=1057&p=4770#p4770)

They are advertising machines that do not exist, wanting bank transfers. They offer cash on collection inspection etc. but will always find away to put the buyer off (working away , snow etc. etc.)   - no doubt they will offer free delivery if payment is made in advance.

Be careful people - it's a jungle out there*

*(what was the name TV show the ended/started like that????)
Bill

Offline micktoon

Re: Heads-up: Scammers UK
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 03:08:32 PM »
Hi Bill I saw the scammer posting on the homeworkshop site, nothing is safe now , the Gumtree site had a similar thing with Dewalt drill I attempted to buy , I smelt a rat and reported the ad and it was removed, someone was saying they would get courier to deliver the drill and cash transfer  :palm: :palm: :loco: :loco: :bang: :bang:
  As for its a Jungle out there ...........I think it was Hill Street Blues , the American cop show from god knows how long ago ??

Cheers Mick.

Offline BillTodd

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 03:50:51 PM »
Hill Street Blues ! yes that was it  :beer:
Bill

Offline BillTodd

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 06:13:25 AM »
The Rozzers have caught him.... Again!

Robin Scott Butler was arrested in Sussex yesterday 3rd February.He has apparently admitted  a number of frauds as well asking for a lot more to be TIC..

He was convicted of similar fraud only a few years ago:

http://www.homeworkshop.org.uk/index.php?option=com_agora&task=topic&id=1057&p=4823
Bill