Author Topic: Toddlers and Tiaras  (Read 4092 times)

Offline DaveH

• Kempton Park, South Africa
Toddlers and Tiaras
« on: February 28, 2013, 10:47:10 AM »
I had to go back and look again because I really couldn’t believe what I was seeing.  :bugeye: :jaw:

It’s about children – mainly little girls one as young as 21 months being entered into pageants. These are not children they are babies.
I think it is child abuse, what’s more I think it is disgraceful, may be the parents should be abused in a similar manner see how they like it.

As for the mothers of these babies and children – well words fail me.

I know it is an odd post and I shouldn’t have posted here, I just felt I should say something.
I am surprised there are no laws against it.

I do thank you reading this.

:beer:
DaveH
(Ex Leicester, Thurmaston, Ashby De La Zouch.)

Offline andyf

• In Memoriam
    • The Warco WM180 Lathe - Modifications
Re: Toddlers and Tiaras
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 11:33:14 AM »
No link, but I can guess what you are getting at, Dave. I share your distaste. Little girls seem to like dressing up, which is fair enough, but when their parents start doinfg it, it's little different from those who dress small dogs in human-type clothes and ribbons to prettify them.

Andy
Sale, Cheshire
I've cut the end off it twice, but it's still too short

Offline DaveH

• Kempton Park, South Africa
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 01:21:03 PM »
Here is a link explaining what it is about.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toddlers_%26_Tiaras

It's on the TLC channel - part of Discovery TV. Just to get some ratings you bunch of sickos.
I would imagine all the paedophiles in the world watch it.
Some of these little girls are made up to look like tarts - I know I have known a lot of tarts in my time - (mostly now converted tarts).  :lol:

I think it is a shameful, distasteful, degrading and depraved programme and full of child abuse.

What will these children grow up to be - I can name one that wasn't allowed to grow up - she was killed.

:beer:
DaveH

(Ex Leicester, Thurmaston, Ashby De La Zouch.)

Offline sparky961

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 10:04:36 PM »
That can't be good for mental health.

Democracy + capitalism = The right to be a complete idiot as long as someone's making a profit.

(On a side note, why are the judges overweight and not very attractive?)

Offline Pete49

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 10:08:50 PM »
Unfortunatly Dave the parents (?) of these kids are just bowing to the money gods and the kids will pay in later life. Didn't go too well here in Oz when they tried it couple years ago. When I saw the mothers (?):jaw:  involved I could see they didn't care about the child it was all about them & their moment of fame. No I'm not an alter ego of mary whitehouse but this sort of thing should be banned
Pete
oops..........oh no.........blast now I need to redo it

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 05:58:15 AM »
It is big business here in the states, and there is a real shameful show also here called Honey Boo Boo. about a chubby little girl that is entered in those contests and her sorry, redneck type family and friends. One of the neighbors was doing such outrageous  things that they took him off and he is suing the network. Which made the national news which is equally as stupid!
But it is the millions of people that love watching these train wrecks on the boob tube. I have never seen these shows but just the commercials and they are sad testament, to the state of the culture in the world today.
As with a lot of the un-reality shows they are scripted and things are worked out before hand.  :palm:
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen