Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

Saving Posting Draft.

(1/3) > >>

Stilldrillin:
Well....... I spent an hour or so last night, between 1 1/2 finger typing & photobucket. Drafting a posting......  ::)

Still not sorted / ready for posting, I highlighted to save to an office document..... As I do regularly on my other forum.... 

I couldn`t save the bloody thing!!!!!!  :bugeye:  :scratch:

Had to abandon all that work......  :bang: :bang: :bang:

I were a bit miffed....... To say the least!  ::)

Is it me?

Or a Forum Foible?

Mr. Grumpy of Staveley.

SPiN Racing:
Not sure.. never tried to make a draft post.. but when that happens.. or it goes wierd on me.. I hit back.. and then CTRL-A, to select EVERYTHIGN IN THE POST..... then CTRL-C to copy.... open Microsoft Word, Or Notepad.. or whatever is handy.. and paste everythig there with a CTRL-V.

Once things are sorted.. I can go copy and paste it back into the Forum post.

CTRL-A (Selects everything in the window that is highlighted)
CTRL-C (Copies everythig Selected)
CTRL-V (Pastes Everythig Selected)

Many know these.. many dont. You simply never know. If its new to ya.. woooo!!.. It its Not.. No harm no foul  :thumbup:

Stilldrillin:
Scott,
Thank you for the tips!  :thumbup:

Most of that is lost on me, I am not of the computer generation, and it`s uphill sometimes...... ::)

I will have to make a note, for next time.....  :scratch:

David.

Stilldrillin:

--- Quote from: SPiN Racing on February 25, 2009, 02:11:05 AM ---Not sure.. never tried to make a draft post.. but when that happens.. or it goes wierd on me.. I hit back.. and then CTRL-A, to select EVERYTHIGN IN THE POST..... then CTRL-C to copy.... open Microsoft Word, Or Notepad.. or whatever is handy.. and paste everythig there with a CTRL-V.

Once things are sorted.. I can go copy and paste it back into the Forum post.

CTRL-A (Selects everything in the window that is highlighted)
CTRL-C (Copies everythig Selected)
CTRL-V (Pastes Everythig Selected)

Many know these.. many dont. You simply never know. If its new to ya.. woooo!!.. It its Not.. No harm no foul  :thumbup:
--- End quote ---

Hmmmm.........

Just tried your method Scott.

The screen turned grey & it just sat there sulking, untill I rebooted.  :scratch:

Shorter postings from now on......  ::)

Mr. Confused of Staveley.

bogstandard:
David,

I do all my compiling actually on site.

I sort out all the picture url's and put them into desktop notepad, putting them in the correct order plus five spaces in between.

Then I just copy and paste that onto the post reply bit.

Then by previewing every so often, I can see how the text and pictures are marrying up. I do a highlight and copy of everything every so often, just in case something does go wrong.

So if you see me online but nothing is happening, I am busy compiling my latest load of bulls**t.

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version