Author Topic: Dentists  (Read 2593 times)

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
Dentists
« on: February 23, 2009, 11:33:53 AM »
Just got back from having a root canal done...

Totally painless, just changed dentist, used to be a very painful procedure with my old one  :dremel:
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
Re: Dentists
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 12:18:14 PM »
Well no wonder Darren. The old dentist must have used a Dermel TMtool to do the work.  :lol:
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 05:16:44 PM »
Felt more like a jack hammer, the vibration was overwhelmingly just plain uncomfortable.

Whereas today I felt hardly a thing, very smooth going.

Tooth feel better, mind you there's no nerve in it now  :lol:
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline SPiN Racing

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 08:03:09 PM »
I have been a heavy soda drinker since I was 15. Culminating to between 24 and 36 sodas a day from around 17-35 years old.

When I was around 35 or so I had to go to the hospital because my heart started skipping beats on me. bump bump bump bump................bump bump bump.

Not fun. Got my attention real quick.

Needless to say I have actually spent (I figured it out the other day) with my really amazing insurance over 100K in dental work over the last 10 years to keep my teeth.
Consequently I have now had 8 root canals and have 7 crowns.

The dentist I have sends me to an endontics place that is fantastic.. little stick.. lay back and listen to music.. there is some work with a drill for a short time.. then some little bottle brushes of some sort... some x-rays.. more bottle brushes.. and voila. Done.

Thing is.. my teeth look fine.. no decay, no issues at all..
BUT
If you dry them out they look like a piece of chalk. I gather the outer layer of enamel was eaten off by the sodas, so now they are porous. Sooo even brushing 3 times a day, I STILL get 2 or 3 tiny cavaties every 4 to 6 months. And they are tiny.. but deep, because the teeth are porus. :(

And Im slowly, working through the lot of them getting crowns, and or veneers to prevent the porosity from causing more issues.

But wow even with amazing insurance it is still expensive. :(
Eats into my tooling budget!! (No pun intended)
SPiN Racing