The Craftmans Shop > General Crafts

Fibre Optic Clock.

<< < (2/15) > >>

Deko:
Thank you for the kind comments gents,I feel very flatterd.  Eric, I have no plans, i make it up as i go along. I made a prototype about 10years ago when i only had a X1 mill, then about 2 years ago i bought a new lathe and mill and i am using the clock as a way of learning how to use them.  Rob, I have to admit that the two parts that i have NOT made are the helical gears, ( they came from some scrap M.O.D. stuff ) but i did cut the two ratchet wheels using a 60degree dovetail cutter. I hope that one day i will be able to make things like your taper turning job to that kind of standard,  :bow:  Ralph, I think i may have thought of a way of cutting the cam on the mill with the indexer and a slight tilt on the mill head, but i will let you know if it works ok. LED's arived ok and look like being just the job. Next time you are over i will do you a swop for a few blue ones. (i bought 100 red, 30 green, and 10 white )  John, my pleasure to share, and i will keep posting, allthough my progress i fairly slow. :med:

Thanks again chaps.  Hope you all have a great Christmass and an even better new year. :thumbup:

Cheers Dek.

Deko:
Hi Folks. Had about a month with no workshop time but back on the case again now so here are a few more pics of progress so far.

First pic shows linkage from motor to mins cylinder, and beval gears for setting the time ( sorry Rob but these are from the scrapyard as well ).   Second pic shows the ajustable holder for the LED unit.   Third pic has the bar that will hold the fibres, resting on the top with a single fibre in place, the other end of which is stuck in a piece of black acrylic to show the effect i am trying to achieve.

Rob.Wilson:
Good to see progress on the project  Dek :thumbup:  ,,,,,,,dam interesting clock ,looking forward to seeing it work .

Just out of interest how may shop hours have you put into the clock ?   

Rob

Deko:
Hi Rob,  I dont have a clue how long, i gave up clock watching  :lol: :lol: :lol: years ago. I just do a few hours between other jobs. Most of the time spent on it is thinking how the hell am i going to do that bit, i am making the thing up as i go along.

Cheers Dek.

Divided he ad:
Looking good Dek  :thumbup:

After all the thinking I've been putting into my little projects I think this would have my brain fried three times over by now!  :smart:   :)

As Rob said "looking forward to seeing it work"  :nrocks:

Ralph.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version