Author Topic: Powderkeg  (Read 6624 times)

Offline Pete49

Powderkeg
« on: November 16, 2012, 08:58:42 PM »
As the title says Mr Keg where have you gone? I miss his builds and humour.
Can anyone here shed some light on him? I am hoping he is well and its just work keeping him away.
Pete
oops..........oh no.........blast now I need to redo it

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: Powderkeg
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 10:11:19 PM »
Pete

From the profile of Powder Keg

Last Active: November 10, 2012, 08:47:20 AM

I imagine that he is busy and/or doesn't have anything to report on at present. I'm sure that he will be back before long with an update on one of his projects.

It's nice to see members that care enough about other members to check up on them if they haven't been heard from in a while. That's what good neighbours do.

Cheers  :beer:

Don

Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 05:36:19 PM »
Yes...... I'm missing Wesley.

Also, Dean.

Just hope things are ok........

David D
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

Offline Powder Keg

• Global Moderator
  • Machinist Extraordinaire
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 02:47:16 PM »
Hey Everyone,

I'm still around :wave: The wife got sick again in June and I've been spending what free time I have with her. She's been off work since then so there hasn't been a lot of fun money floating around. The good news is she's on the mend and I think she'll be back to work in a week or two. Our house has been taking up a ton of my time this summer. With the help of some very good friends, we installed a shiny new metal roof on my old house. It was a way bigger job than I thought it would be. But accept for a couple of gutters it's now done. The front window broke a few weeks ago and I we replaced it with a bay window that we framed in and sided. I've also been fixing up the inside a little. I'll post a few pictures.

Thanks for noticing me :wave:

~Wes~
Wesley P
A Gismo ??? If it has a flywheel or spins and is made with small parts. I'll take one! If it makes noise, moves, or requires frequent oiling and dusting it's a better deal yet. It's especially right if its shiny and bright; but if it's dirty and dull it wont mater at all...

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 03:49:20 PM »
 :clap: :thumbup: :clap:
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 03:57:30 PM »
Wes.
You've been busy. You're excused!  :thumbup:

Hope, Herself is soon back to full health.

David D
David.

Offline Pete49

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 08:45:55 AM »
Wes, sorry to hear about your wifes illness but glad your ok and she is improving. Too many people seem to disappear and no one tends to notice but its nice when they come back to let us all know you are ok and things just got busy. I just tend to get a little worried as the world is getting more dangerous all the time.
Pete

Offline Powder Keg

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 06:26:37 PM »
Thanks again for checking in on me:o)

A couple months ago we added a new metal roof to my house. It was a very big job! The roof is steep and everyone up there needed to be tied off to stay up there. That added a lot of work to the whole project. I didn't get any pictures of that because I was just busy. I had several very good friends come over and help me out. It took us a couple weekends to finish up the hard stuff.

Shortly after that the big window in my living room broke. I have a friend that runs a glass shop and asked him to keep an eye out for a couple windows. My wife wanted a bay window. A couple days later he called me up. They were re-windowing a house? And he had pulled three that would work for me. A buddy of mine and I framed up the bay window and a couple more friends came over and we lifted it into place.

We installed the new windows and sheeted the outside.

We cut out the siding on the house and installed rafters.

We were able to sheet it and nail down some Tar paper. At this point I had to wait a couple weeks. We ordered some Tin to match the Hawaiian Blue on the roof.

In the mean time I rented a siding brake and we made siding for the window. All the white is aluminum flashing bent to fit.

We did the fascia while we were at it. Here is a shot part way finished.

Here it is with the roof tin screwed down. It turned out pretty nice:o)

I'll post a couple other projects soon:o)

~Wes~
Wesley P
A Gismo ??? If it has a flywheel or spins and is made with small parts. I'll take one! If it makes noise, moves, or requires frequent oiling and dusting it's a better deal yet. It's especially right if its shiny and bright; but if it's dirty and dull it wont mater at all...

Offline Powder Keg

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 06:38:19 PM »
This weekend I had the seamless gutter guy come over. He rolled out a 15' 4" gutter and crimped on some metal ends. He also drilled it for the down spout. The next day a buddy of mine helped me put it up. No more drips in front of the front door\o/

They have a neat hidden hanger system that looks like it should work out pretty good. It seems really strong.

This replaced the vinyl gutters that fell off a couple years back. Grrrrr. I like it a lot better!!!

I have an idea for the down spout. Stay tuned:o)

~Wes~
Wesley P

Offline Powder Keg

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 06:53:52 PM »
On the inside of the house the bathroom ceiling was in very bad shape!!! I was too embarrassed to even take pictures of it. Searching the internet for inspiration I ran across this ceiling that I wanted to try out.

I found some bead board and my wife and I glued/stapled it to the old ceiling. After we had scraped all the old loose paint and junk falling off it. We then made some extra wide molding to fit around the edges. This was quite a job. Non of the hard work can be seen as it's all underneath.

We primed the ceiling. Then we decided to add a little more molding. I cut out the pieces and ran them through my pouter table. it worked out pretty good.

We want to redo the tub area. But we haven't decided what to do there yet. We ar leaning towards tile. To keep from having problems there later. I swooped the molding up into the celing. I thought this was a neat way to end it in the middle:o)

Now we can tile the tub area later. There will be a short transition area between the tile and the molding I made. We then painted it. It's not quite this bright. The digital camera was acting p.

We are very happy with how things turned out:o)

~Wes~

Wesley P

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 07:20:38 PM »
Looking good! I know the work that goes into doing the window replacements did 25 in our house, by myself. Did 5½ of six basement windows to glass block. Ran into a slight size problem on the one that was the caol chute window at one time it is less then 1/4" smaller the the glass blocks that have to go in. lucky there is another window on the inside. Boarded it up till I can get it shaved out. Did the insulation board and siding and trim on the house too. 2 ½ story, have a brake from when I built the shop 15 years ago. I decided that roof was a job for younger guys, 14 in 12 pitch complete tearoff and sheet before shingles! Way to much work for an old fart. :thumbup:
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 02:24:31 AM »
That's a lot of good work you've been doing Wes! :bugeye:

Like you say, "it worked out pretty good". Well done!  :clap: :clap:

David D
David.

Offline Pete49

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 10:10:10 PM »
Glad to see you back Wes. See you have been real busy and a sick wife to look after. Do you sleep at all?  :)
Pete

Offline Powder Keg

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 04:38:22 AM »
We got the window all decorated up for Christmas. I guess the dry wall on the inside will have to wait\o/

Hope all are well,

~Wes~
Wesley P

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 05:30:13 AM »
We got the window all decorated up for Christmas. I guess the dry wall on the inside will have to wait\o/

Hope all are well,

~Wes~

Wes

It looks comfy, cozy and cheery from the outside. If it is comfy, cozy and cheery on the inside who cares about a bit of drywall.

To you and yours have a super and safe holiday season.

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best